Solcial Networking widget crashes with facebook

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Hey guys
I have the social networking widget for Twitter and Facebook.
Since this morning the facebook part refuses to work.
I used to have them both in one widget but to be sure I added 2 seperate widgets, 1 for Twitter and 1 for Facebook.

When I tap on the Facebook one it brings up all the statuses so I can browse through them. But as soon as I do I get the following error:

The application Social Networking (process com.motorola.friendfeed) has stopped working unexpectedly.
Please try again.

The widget for twitter works just fine, so it's only for facebook.

Dos anyone have any idea or suggestions?

google123

Reaction score
Hey guys
I have the social networking widget for Twitter and Facebook.
Since this morning the facebook part refuses to work.
I used to have them both in one widget but to be sure I added 2 seperate widgets, 1 for Twitter and 1 for Facebook.

When I tap on the Facebook one it brings up all the statuses so I can browse through them. But as soon as I do I get the following error:

The application Social Networking (process com.motorola.friendfeed) has stopped working unexpectedly.
Please try again.

The widget for twitter works just fine, so it's only for facebook.

Dos anyone have any idea or suggestions?

Have you tried deleting cache/data under SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS?

OP
D

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Yeah but there was no cash to delete so it was greyed out. There was data but the clear data button was greyed out as well.
Force stop didn't work either. I guess because its a stock/system app.

I tried deleting, re adding my account and at this moment it didn't crash so will have to see what happens tomorrow after there are more status updates to read.

google123

Reaction score
Yeah but there was no cash to delete so it was greyed out. There was data but the clear data button was greyed out as well.
Force stop didn't work either. I guess because its a stock/system app.

I tried deleting, re adding my account and at this moment it didn't crash so will have to see what happens tomorrow after there are more status updates to read.

Cool. Thanks for updating with the fix, whether its temporary or permanent. This is something that more people need to do. Thanks.

OP
D

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Sadly it wasn't a fix.
I saw an update on the widget, tapped for more details and it crashed.

I wonder if it has to do with the reason moto retracted the update for tweaking.
Maybe that was one of the glitches they have to work out.

oscoscosc

Reaction score
I have the same problem! What I did was wait for another update from your friends, (the widget seems to crash on the last update that caused the crash.) The new updates will be in front of the "crash update". Tap on the new update and if it does not crash, scroll down, select social network and scroll though all the updates. This will clear all updates on widgets. This might just be a temp fix.