Newly rooted Droid 1 issues installing custom rom from Rom Manager

jeffrey72

Reaction score
I recently re-rooted my Droid 1 for good, and flashed Clockworkmod from Rom Manager. I am having problems on re-boot. The download says complete, and the new rom starts to re-boot. Problem is, it gets stuck re-booting, and the new rom never starts up. Any suggestions?

OP
J

jeffrey72

Reaction score
Talk to me like I'm 2..All I did was root with RSD lite, install the custom recovery, and then flashed Clockworkmod. How do I wipe, and what is the process please?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, for starters you didn't need CW. :) But that's not a problem as long as you don't go exploring until you know more about what each option can do.

Secondly, did you read any thread on flashing ROMs? They all tell you, and most how, to wipe. That's okay, we're where we are and I'll get you running again. :)

Reboot into recovery manually like you did when you used RSD Lite to root and when CW loads you'll see this:

main.png

You'll want to use option 3. Now reboot the phone when it's done and you should boot right to the desktop.

What ROM did you choose, anyway?

OP
J

jeffrey72

Reaction score
I was trying to load Chevyno1 SS 4.9... So I want to wipe data/factory reset?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Good choice. Most people seem to jump right on the Bug-y-less Beast bandwagon and then freak out when they get OTA update notices.

Yes, you want to wipe. You may have to reinstall the ROM, too.

ALWAYS wipe between ROMs. That's rule 1 of installing ROMs. This is one of the reasons why I hate ROM Manager -- that and it screws up, loses backups, messes up downloads, misplaces things, and can actually blank your recovery image. It is convenient, however.

OP
J

jeffrey72

Reaction score
I was rooted before with Easy Root, un-rooted, accepted the OTA for FRG83d, and re-rooted through RSD lite. When I was rooted before, I had SS4.8, and switched to something else, and when I wanted 4.8 back, RM was telling me there was an error from the developer. Anyway, thanks for all of your help. I am doing your steps now. I feel kind of dumb, but was desperate to get my SS back..lol