Newer shipments=better phones?

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Newer shipments=better phones? (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

I received my droid x yesterday(finally) and i have had 0 problems with it...the ringer is loud to me, i hear across a kitchen at work with 8 fryers going at once....no problems with screen or battery either

One thing i noticed though was that my phone was pre-loaded with the .604 update...my friend got his a few days before me and his wasn't...

So maybe they are fixing some production issues with these things already...then again i've only had this thing two days so im prolly gonna jinx myself

First impressions though...its the best phone on the market, and quite possibly the best phone built to date (which doesn't mean too much these days)

UPDATE
!!:

I knew i was going to jinx myself....and i did

i now have three dead pixels on my camera...one on the left thats green, one in the middle thats blue, and one on the right thats white

you can imagine how annoying that is when basically anywhere you look is a dead pixel...looks like its time for a replacement!

Nibbler

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few days as well and I agree, i've had no issues at all aside from my room mate pulling out my batter release tab on accident but that had no effect on the phone (i'll worry about trying to get the battery out when it comes time) i'm averaging 28 hours battery life before turning yellow status.. overall this phone is amazing, much better than my 1st gen G1.

just4747

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few days as well and I agree, i've had no issues at all aside from my room mate pulling out my batter release tab on accident but that had no effect on the phone (i'll worry about trying to get the battery out when it comes time) i'm averaging 28 hours battery life before turning yellow status.. overall this phone is amazing, much better than my 1st gen G1.

I'm gonna say this like I say it in other threads: NO way you're getting 28 hours of battery life on the same phone I am using. Unless you have it turned off or have your data and screen turned off. No way.
I get 6-8 hours daily on a work day no matter what measures I take to save battery life, absolute BS.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm calling BS on the 28 hours too...I'm lucky to get 10 to 12....

And there are Day 1 X's that have zero problems.....

JCo352

Reaction score

I'm gonna say this like I say it in other threads: NO ****ing way you're getting 28 hours of battery life on the same phone I am using. Unless you have it turned off or have your data and screen turned off. No way.
I get 6-8 hours daily on a work day no matter what measures I take to save battery life, absolute bull****.

The battery life on your phone, is not grounds to call him a liar.

just4747

Reaction score

I'm gonna say this like I say it in other threads: NO way you're getting 28 hours of battery life on the same phone I am using. Unless you have it turned off or have your data and screen turned off. No way.
I get 6-8 hours daily on a work day no matter what measures I take to save battery life, absolute BS.

The battery life on your phone, is not grounds to call him a liar.

No, but the battery life on 90% of ours is lol.

I've gone through 2 batteries, as well as two X devices now (still trying my 2nd one now before returning one), and none of that replacing changed anything for my battery life.
Even when running only a stock phone after doing a factory reset (and not restoring all apps/data/root/widgets), the battery is ****.

Rsswga

Reaction score

I'm gonna say this like I say it in other threads: NO ****ing way you're getting 28 hours of battery life on the same phone I am using. Unless you have it turned off or have your data and screen turned off. No way.
I get 6-8 hours daily on a work day no matter what measures I take to save battery life, absolute bull****.

yea I read yesterday this Guy was overclocked to 1200 and was having to charge every thirty hours..
these folks must not use there phones or just leaves them off

just4747

Reaction score
Well the sad part is, on all these days of testing, I am barely using the phone in hopes of seeing the life increase, but even that gives no help. So FORGET using it heavily, or even moderately.

No movies, barely any web, barely any calls/texts/emails, low brightness and timeout, Wifi and Bluetooth off. Just a few things and basic browsing on menus and apps. Also, I have run OS Monitor for several days now and no processes are hanging up the phone/draining battery.
Also, same results with using ATK and without using it.

Jesus what a let down.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
make sure you turn off gps. my phone lasts whole day (7am-10pm) without charge with moderate use. i turned my screen brightness down to 3% and battery is in smart mode.

first phone i got on 15th had defective camera with shutter stuck on black screen. second phone i got on 23rd so far works flawlessly.

Nibbler

Reaction score
make sure you turn off gps. my phone lasts whole day (7am-10pm) without charge with moderate use. i turned my screen brightness down to 3% and battery is in smart mode.

first phone i got on 15th had defective camera with shutter stuck on black screen. second phone i got on 23rd so far works flawlessly.

Right, like I said I hardly use my phone to make phone calls, it sits in idle mode, i use moderate texting and occasional web browing, in 3 days it's seen the charger 2 times (first time was right after getting the phone, i decided to turn it on and let the battery drain before it's first charge)

Battery save mode, screen brightness @ 3%, GPS and bluetooth options are turned off as well, when I go to bed the battery is not even close to half way down so I turn it off while I sleep, and back on in the morning.

As to calling me a liar, why would I lie about my battery up time?? I had the G1 previously and that hunk of trash needed a charge every 5 hours..

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I have a day 1 X and have had no issues what so ever.....And im comin from the incredible so im more than happy with my 8-10 of heavy use on my bat!!! used to go through 2-3 bats a day!!!

Laramie

Reaction score
I'd be curious if people getting the X now are experiencing little/no speaker volume problems. This was a huge factor for me and I"m still on the fence about the X. A low volume speaker/ringer is a killer.