Verizon Return Policy Question(Droid X)

Raziel36

Reaction score
On my birthday(Oct 28th), I splurged on myself and got a Droid X. I previously had a D1, and loved it. I love my Droid X now, too, but was looking for an answer about returning a phone and exchanging for the same device. My D1 had a dead/stuck pixel at the lower left of the screen and never bothered me much. My DX has one very close to the center of the screen. I noticed it almost immediately, and even though it's just one pixel, I use dark/black themes and the white dot just draws my attention and is driving me insane. I'm still within my 30 days, but would I have to return the phone and redo the upgrade, or would they just do a swap? I realize I'm risking getting a phone with more pixel problems, but... I'm willing to risk it, just because of how much this bugs the crap outta me. Thanks for any info.

bmetelsky

Reaction score
You should return it for a new one - you can do this within the initial 30 days.

OP
R

Raziel36

Reaction score
Moved to the X general discussion section
Wasn't sure if it was specific enough to the X to warrant being in this section, which is why I had posted to the "All droid phones" section... sowwy lol.

Now that I'm in the X specific forum, is this common with the X? My D1 overclocked to 1.3 with no issues, so I never considered trading because of the pixel, when I'd heard of people getting issues with only 8-900Mhz. My X only does 1.25, so I may even end up with a higher stable clock speed with this swap. Saturday, I will head to the store to see what they can do.

Knightley

Reaction score
I don't have any answer for you but I kinda have a similar question....I bought my droid X the when it first came out (awhile ago I know) but lately it has been slow (no I don't have too many apps, and always cancel unused running services), I'm not getting emails in a timely manner (it's on push), and it often freezes. As my frustration with all this grows, I'm starting to notice it's size more and more and other things I don't like about the phone. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten a droid 2 in the first place :/

My question, for anyone, is do you think verizon would let me exchange it for a droid 2?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I don't think they'll let you trade out for a droid 2 unfortunately.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I don't have any answer for you but I kinda have a similar question....I bought my droid X the when it first came out (awhile ago I know) but lately it has been slow (no I don't have too many apps, and always cancel unused running services), I'm not getting emails in a timely manner (it's on push), and it often freezes. As my frustration with all this grows, I'm starting to notice it's size more and more and other things I don't like about the phone. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten a droid 2 in the first place :/

My question, for anyone, is do you think verizon would let me exchange it for a droid 2?

Are you using a Task Killer? or Virus protection? Try uninstalling it for a few days and see how the phone reacts. It is ok to have processes running in the background, I promise.

There was a known issue with the Gmail app yesterday affecting some Droid X's. Google not syncing Email. Not notifications nothing - Google Mobile Help

I love the size of my Droid X, I now think all other phones are too small. IMO 4.3" is the new standard.

I think you can switch it out if you do pay the restocking fee.

HarleyDude

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can exchange if within the 30 day period, may have to pay the $35 restocking fee. I did the reverse, traded in my droid 2 for a droid x. I originally wanted the keyboard, but found I rarely used it, and I also found the x to be quicker than the 2 at most things, including bringing up websites

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

You may not be able to change it for a different model, but I'm pretty sure that you could trade it for a new DX.

As cjriddle said above, take off any Taskiller or Anti Viirus app you might have on there.

Do you always leave your phone on? Or do you restart it occasionally to refresh memory?

HarleyDude

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
snip< Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten a droid 2 in the first place :/
My question, for anyone, is do you think verizon would let me exchange it for a droid 2?>endsnip

You can make the exchange if you are within the 30 day window, you *may* have to pay the $35 restocking fee.
I did the reverse, switched from the 2 to the x. I originally wanted the keyboard, but found I did not use it at all. I also noticed the Xes around me seemed quicker than my 2, apps and webpages both loaded quicker. The larger screen was a bonus, but now I won't be able to go back to a smaller screen.

ricks

Reaction score
If my X lost a pixel, it would be replaced in a heart beat. Its under warranty for a year.

OP
R

Raziel36

Reaction score
Okay, so Verizon argued with me for an hour because they say that a dead pixel will illuminate very brightly, so that couldn't be the problem(total bs). Then tried to blame me for not using a screen protector... bogus, since my screen was immaculate. They ended up giving me the exchange, though. Now I'm rooted again and, indeed, I did hit the jackpot on this phone. Stable overclock to 1.4Ghz.. fast fast fast. 1700~something Quadrant score.. haven't tried higher clock yet, 1.4 is super smooth though. Thank you, bad pixel, you're the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App