newer rooted Droid2 global- apps vanishing?

rpriz

Reaction score
I rooted my new droid 2 global just before i left for vacation. Added Titanium backup and Bloat Freeze apps and a handful of misc apps. After i arrived back home from vacation, i noticed that my Market app was gone! When looking thru the phone for it I noticed my Titanium backup and bloat freeze was also missing??? When I go into settings and manage apps, I can see tiaium and the market app there but not the Bloat Freeze app. I used the Bloat app before vacation to freeze some of the bloat items on the phone. I never deleted anything. I also did a Titanium backup, which I would like to use and do a recover but i can't seem to get to or find the app to actually use it. My google account is in intact as it syncs with mail and calendar and I can't re-download apps from the market online via mac because they never get to my phone! That to has stopped working. Market downloads say they will be sent to my phone but now they never get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming my titanium backup is my best hope if I can only find/use it?

Rpriz

OP
R

rpriz

Reaction score
66 views and not a single suggestion? How about the main issue.... getting my MARKET app back??? I get messages like " can't bind to Android Market Service on this device " what gives? I think it has to do with my missing Bloat Freeze app

CertifiedGeeker2020

Reaction score
Im no expert but I have had some similar issues while using titanium.
Like I said I am no pro. So do a backup to sd, then you may have to just factory reset, reinstall titanium, open up and restore individual files. But don't restore until you know market is working properly?
Ill have to ask my android geek, but he was able to fix my similar issues quickly. Will post better smarter advice soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
R

rpriz

Reaction score
I'd really like to save the "factory reset" option as a last resort. And if I do go that route, I have a titanium folder with a back up on my SD card from a few days before the Market App vanished. I Assume if I did do a reset then install Titanium again, it can do a restore from the files on the SD card?? I really hate to start from factory scratch and set all my accounts and things all over again.

CertifiedGeeker2020

Reaction score
TTitanium has a feature to restore just the ap or the ap and its data.this has saved me countless times from having to restart from scratch as well as for switching between my x and global at leisure.
Why don't you try going trough titanium and attempting to only restore market first. Then go through all the changes you have made and try to find a source for the glitch. To me titanium is a great ap, but this is a glitch that I hope will soon be revised.

OP
R

rpriz

Reaction score
That's one of the problems... Titanium is no where to be found for me to launch and use. It's in my Applications/Manage applications/Downloaded. Doesn't appear to be running because I can't choose "force stop" in that area. If I choose to uninstall it and then re install, will my backup on my SD card also be removed in the un install process?

CertifiedGeeker2020

Reaction score
Do you have a file viewer ap?like astro? If you have a file viewer, go through and find the files you are seeking, select them to restore, through astro. See if that helps. You should be able to unisntall and then reinstall from sd card. My mind is blanking on the exact directions how.
I really hope you can figure this out.

OP
R

rpriz

Reaction score
i have Astro but not the best at know what to do with it. It also sees the Titanium App but can't do anything with it in the Astro viewer either. I didn't see a restore button? I did try to re install titanium and it said that it will replace the current one but leav user data intact.... it failed on install !!!!!

OP
R

rpriz

Reaction score
I deleted my unusable TITANIUM and re installed it successfuly and apparently it's not going to help my MARKET app situation, ass my last good back up was of downloaded apps only from what i can see. What files need to be backed up that captures your phones accounts and settings? Maybe I will just do a back up of that and then start fresh with F.reset and then restore those settings, if thats even possible? I don't know all the capabilities of the Titanium app, kinda a noob here, but at least a very clever one most of the time

CertifiedGeeker2020

Reaction score
I was just reading an article about a ton of aps that have been removed from the market for malware. These aps are being tracked by google and individually removed from user devices. I don't know if your bloat freeze was on the list but if it was isn't it possible that it was removed and somehow the market ap was pulled with it. I honestly cannot think of any remedy aside from sys restore . Re download meticulously, and restart your process. I hate saying it. Been reading a ton today for insight, coming up blank.