Difinitive Apps to Freeze List

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
You could use a file manager... it will be time consuming just like the command line. If you are trying to do all this without spending money, I have not found a file manager app that actually allows this simply to the system APKs without actually buying it...

To save lots of hassle, just buy titanium backup!

zero7404

Reaction score
i noticed sound recorder is included with the d2g but don't see the icon in the drawer ... anyone know why ?

in apps manager i see it there but all the options are dimmed/unselectable.

xavier7

Reaction score
Don't forget:

admin notifier
adservice 1.0
Amazon
Android Live Wallpapers
blockbuster
calendar
calendar service
calendar storage
calendar sync adapter
cardock
Global Phone Authorization (assuming you won't be going Global)
in pocket
kindle
live wallpaper picker
magic smoke wallpapers
print to retail
SIM toolkit (again, assuming you're not going global)
toggle widgets
world clock.

What if I'm using this with GSM/UMTS only outside the US? can I freeze that also?

I don't seem to see in the list listed, just wondering if its good to freeze these as well.

ContactsUnconnected 2.2
MediaSync 1.0.0
Motorola Services 2.2

Thanks!

Reaction score
Don't forget:

admin notifier
adservice 1.0
Amazon
Android Live Wallpapers
blockbuster
calendar
calendar service
calendar storage
calendar sync adapter
cardock
Global Phone Authorization (assuming you won't be going Global)
in pocket
kindle
live wallpaper picker
magic smoke wallpapers
print to retail
SIM toolkit (again, assuming you're not going global)
toggle widgets
world clock.

What if I'm using this with GSM/UMTS only outside the US? can I freeze that also?

I don't seem to see in the list listed, just wondering if its good to freeze these as well.

ContactsUnconnected 2.2
MediaSync 1.0.0
Motorola Services 2.2

Thanks!

If you're going to use the GSM radio, I wouldn't freeze anything that says global (except for global phone unplug, that has nothing to do with anything). I have no personal experience, that's just an educated guess.

ContactsUnconnected I've never heard of. It's not on my phone, and I've never seen anyone else mention it. It may be part of one of your apps, in which case I wouldn't freeze it?

Mediasync is ok to freeze.. i actually like having it frozen because I don't get the stupid mediasync icon every time I plug my phone in via USB.

I wouldn't freeze motorola services.. Dunno what it is, but it sounds important.

xavier7

Reaction score
If you're going to use the GSM radio, I wouldn't freeze anything that says global (except for global phone unplug, that has nothing to do with anything). I have no personal experience, that's just an educated guess.

ContactsUnconnected I've never heard of. It's not on my phone, and I've never seen anyone else mention it. It may be part of one of your apps, in which case I wouldn't freeze it?

Mediasync is ok to freeze.. i actually like having it frozen because I don't get the stupid mediasync icon every time I plug my phone in via USB.

I wouldn't freeze motorola services.. Dunno what it is, but it sounds important.

right thanks :)
I'll just unfreeze the Motorola Services then.
Gonna leave others freezed.

ContactsUnconnected actually has a same icon as some motorola blur stuff. so i guess it might be related (could be generated when i use gsm)

zero7404

Reaction score
i spotted AdService as one of the apps some are freezing ... isnt adservice a core functionality of the platform? i think android relies on it as its part of google's services ....

just curious if disabling it affects system function negatively ... even more is whether disabling this prevents the phone from providing tracking information being delivered for advertising purposes or prevents apps from pushing ads on the user ....

posted via android

mguel

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the list!

I used fission ROM since I got D2G, but now went back to moto and using these list to freeze apps.

One thing I notice is that I can't link my contacts to facebook contacts… (nor automatically, nor trying to do it manually… facebook contacts simply don't appear and on FB apps the contact picture is not a "button" from where you have a pop up menu with actions neither)

Is any of the "social" or other of the apps listed maybe is preventing facebook to link the apps?

Thanks in advance!
Mguel

biknut1

Reaction score
Writeup

I don't know, I did most of my modifications all at once. Here's a writeup I did the other night.

NiceGuys- I read your writeup just after I rooted my phone. I froze (with AntTek free version) most of the apps you suggested. I'm not sure about battery life, but it was nice getting rid of some of that junk!

What I really wanted to tell you that every time I see someone posting on here about their battery life I refer them to your writeup/sticky- a wealth of great information!

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Reaction score
Hate to necro this, but finally started Freezing instead of using the Bloat Remover Script.

So, since I have more flexibility - can I freeze the SMS APP (not service, but maybe service?) if I wanted to use Handcent?

If I use my calendar, wouldn't freezing it cause issues? (referring to the definitive list)