Newbie here

jakethepup

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have never had any type of smart phone, I order my Droid X Sunday night, and it should arrive today, very excited about it, I hope I love it.

I know it will be a large learning curve from my old phone, but I think I will enjoy playing with it, I will be real nice having my E-mail with me everywhere I go.

Since I don't know anything about the device I don't have any questions right now, I am going to read the forum and learn a little more about the X.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. The dx is a solid device and you should def love it. When it does get here, don't hesitate to ask question, and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! Enjoy your phone and your stay!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection.

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Believe him about feeding the admin! I didn't listen and did it anyway...thought I'd never get them to go away! ;)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've started a rescue and rehabilitation service

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha!!!

I've started a rescue and rehabilitation service

OP
J

jakethepup

Reaction score
Thanks guys, for the warm welcome, I got my X activated this afternoon, there is a lot to learn, but I am working thru it. So far I love it, and will like it even better when I figure most things out. I did figure out how to get my e-mail account to work that took me a little bit of time.

I sure would like to figure out how to get my e-mail contacts to the droid X I use outlook 2007 there might be a app for that.

I do have one question one of the main reason I wanted this phone is to be able to stream Nigel radio, which is a internet streaming radio station, they play a lot of off beat 80's music. If someone might suggest a free simple app for that, it would be great, remember I need something easy to use. I am going to purchased a bluetooth to FM transmitter, the way I understand it, you pair the bluetooth with the device, and then this device retransmits, to a clear open radio freg, and you just tune your FM tuner to that freg so you can listen to the stream through your car stereo. I have seen a lot of these on E-Bay.

Guys and Gal, I will be reading here on the forum looks like most answers can be found by doing a search, but I know I will be asking some questions from time to time.

Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There are two very good streaming music apps in the market that get a lot of press for very good reasons. Slacker Radio (my favorite) and Pandora. Try them both out and see if they do you right. If not, contact Nigel radio and ask them if they'll do an Android app.