New2u's Posting Of Applications

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's actually compare everyWHERE but yeah it seems like it has been removed. Not sure why. I even tried scanning the barcode on AndroLib and it says that it can't be found. Maybe it wasn't compatible with 2.0 so it was removed?

CharlieJ

Reaction score
App for Auto On/Off of the Droid?

One thing I loved about my crackberry Pearl was the auto power on/off that could be set. I like to have my phone power off at around 11pm and then back on at 6am. I am looking for an Android v2.0 app that will do the same. THANKS to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

joegrind

Reaction score
Awesome thread new2u...
I got a link for the Qik recorder/ live stream. It's still in beta for Droid but I tried it and it's great and not too buggy. Qik allows you to video record and stream it over the web...there's about a 10 sec lag on the live stream.
http://gabe.qik.com/Qik_720x480_beta.apk

CharlieJ

Reaction score
That is correct once they start actually selling micro sd cards in 32gb :/ Right now they only sell full size sd cards in 32gb.

OK, cool... THANKS!

So, back to my question. Do you guys know of a good podcast app?

Currently, I download my podcasts using iTunes. I normally use WinAmp for audio playing, but iTunes for podcasts... and I sync the iPod to iTunes.

What I want to do is download podcasts to my Droid, copy my music (which is in MP3 format, not Apple's format) -- and play all of them on the Droid.

wscato

Reaction score
One thing I loved about my crackberry Pearl was the auto power on/off that could be set. I like to have my phone power off at around 11pm and then back on at 6am. I am looking for an Android v2.0 app that will do the same. THANKS to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Look for Airplane Autoswitcher in the market. It will do what you want. Only drawback there is no separate setting for weekdays/weekends.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the list New2u.

Any chance you could notate on the list which applications are free vs paid? Maybe just a symbol or something?

I have updated the list with more apps that people have mentioned, also took the time to add if they were free and if not put the pricing on it. Enjoy until the next update.

Last edited:

CharlieJ

Reaction score

Look for Airplane Autoswitcher in the market. It will do what you want. Only drawback there is no separate setting for weekdays/weekends.

THANKS! I'll try it out today.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
[Do you guys know of a good podcast app?

Currently, I download my podcasts using iTunes. I normally use WinAmp for audio playing, but iTunes for podcasts... and I sync the iPod to iTunes.

What I want to do is download podcasts to my Droid, copy my music (which is in MP3 format, not Apple's format) -- and play all of them on the Droid.

I downloaded Listen from the Market last night. Once I test it out, I'll let you know if it meets my needs. Listen is a podcast app that just might fill the bill.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
on the market, if i wanna buy something that is priced other than US dollar, will i get charge the dollar equivalent or do i have to have an account with foreign currency?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
on the market, if i wanna buy something that is priced other than US dollar, will i get charge the dollar equivalent or do i have to have an account with foreign currency?

It will convert it to american dollars. Some of the currency tells you about what it will cost.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question to those who read this far, is there anything you would like to see on this posting that isn't already there?

xfeathersx

Reaction score
looking for

Sorry for my ignorance newbie here, but im looking for a app like (poynt app for the blackberry) is there something close to that for the droid?

Thanks