New X User

DVR6

Reaction score
Well after researching all of the phones I decided to upgrade from my OG Droid to the DX, just today. Yes -- I passed on the Thunderbolt and decided not to wait for the next latest and greatest dual core battery hog. My rational was that 4G is so new, they are having problems with the hardware and battery etc I didn't really want to mess with 4G right now. The X is plenty fast and man I love the large screen. Well anyway I'm happy, hopefully I won't regret it down the line but I don't think I will.

Now time to start modding...

Slighter

Reaction score
Did the same last month. Everything I always wanted but really didn't have with the droid. One click root was a cool idea heading in but now I could care less.
With ADW ex, widget locker, photile pro lw and make your clock I've got all the customization I need. Without worrying about the March madness like myriad of romming and theme-ing options. Less truly is more.
Saves untold hours for cocktails and chatting up the ladies.

Robdiesel

Reaction score
Dude great choice! I did the same thing.. love the Droidx.. only problem it shuts off by itself sometimes.. strange

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
You'll be happy, for sure!

Mod it all you want, use it, love it, live it...and hey, if you find any mods that really work on the phone, let us know!

Enjoy.

qman66

Reaction score
doesnt make much sense to get the x over the thunderbolt. im planning to upgrade soon to the thunderbolt. the only advantage the x has is batter battery life but with the tons of custom kernels available for the thunderbolt something we will never see on the x, im sure there are ways to improve battery life.

OP
D

DVR6

Reaction score
doesnt make much sense to get the x over the thunderbolt. im planning to upgrade soon to the thunderbolt. the only advantage the x has is batter battery life but with the tons of custom kernels available for the thunderbolt something we will never see on the x, im sure there are ways to improve battery life.

I had the Bolt (tried two of them) and didn't like it at all. Wasn't just the batteries either. The call quality was poor both ends, audio on the speaker phone and auxiliary out sound was poor with no way to adjust, noise cancellation was not good especially outside in any wind at all, poor design decisions and the list goes on. I know a lot of people like it but it wasn't for me.

My original Droid and this DX both have excellent call and audio quality. Motorola gets that right, probably due to them building for the military all these years. I do realize the limitations on the DX as far as kernels but that is something that's not important to me. Changed kernels a little with my original Droid and ended up going back to stock. Just wasn't worth the hassle to me... IMO beyond call reliability and call quality the apps are what make these phones a useful tool. And if I can't find one I need, I write it myself. The DX has plenty of horsepower for any app I’ve tried or written so far. So the TB or a new dual core can open it 20ms faster; bragging rights is all that is at this point. Later on it will be a factor, I know, but it will take awhile for apps to catch up with the hardware.

drpietrzak

Reaction score
I am a new user as well. X seemed the best compromise to me as well.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just jumped from the D1 in January and yea, the X seemed sooo much faster even with stock set up. I'd reccomend checking out Gingerbread!