New Verizon MAP list with Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Vigor has always sounded a little too pharmaceutical to help erectile dysfunction, for my tastes.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Yes, you are going to want to keep the Vigor in your front pocket. If the fun lasts for more than four hours, call HTC!

tommyg562000

Reaction score
OK
Let's just look at what we know to be a cold hard truth and what we only know currently as a rumor.
Rumors are all regarding release dates, but nothing else like why the delay.
In the case of The Bionic we had some rather concrete reasons for the delay, all which were pretty sound.
And the major fact is that these companies are in business to make money. Well, the biggest time of the year for consumer purchases, especially in the current economic climate, begins the day after Thanksgiving. This would be like Reese's forgetting to get enough of their product out before Halloween. The iPhone 4s is on the market currently but Android has eclipsed the iPhone in market share and, relatively speaking, it occurred in the blink of an eye. Steve Jobs is deceased so the i everythings future is murky to say the least.
I for one don't believe that the companies involved are foolish enough to blow a great opportunity to really make their 4th Quarter earnings shine to draw in more possible investors, especially if they can poach some of Apple's investors due to inate fears that arise when someone who embodies the very company leaves. And then to end up releasing their phones in what is historically the worst quarter for sales, especially bigger ticket items.
Not to mention, only releasing it possibly a week or so after everyone has spent all of the money, and this is America so let's be honest, their available credit as well.
No one would sit back and allow this calamity to occur to their company. They would be pouring everything into fixing whatever hitch possible and getting the product on the floors by Thanksgiving, hell or high water.
To wait until January is tantamount to corporate suicide. It would open the possibility for the iPhone to gain some of their market share back, which only creates new momentum for iPhone to make a resurgence.
It would guarantee horrible sales figures, regardless of levels of awesomeness. Disposable income is at a premium. They are well aware of the numbers of Verizon customers who have been sitting on upgrades, and still are using androids. And as we approach Turkey Day that number will continue to grow, and then very rapidly deplete.
They are also aware that there are several higher level androids already released and people are not a patient or rational species when it comes to making purchases. Especially if those around them have new sparkling phones.
I cannot believe that this will end up being the case. As it means opening the doors wide for both the iPhone and all competitors running android's OS to dominate them. We are creatures of habit and if someone uses an alternate companies phone running android's OS, there's a better chance they will purchase the same brand again. Brand loyalty is a big factor and a hard nut to crack once it forms.
I say that the only acceptable issue that keeps the phones off the shelves on Black Friday, is if upon boot the phone eats its owner. And even then, it has to be over 51% of the phones in line for release. At 49% they still would probably release it since they are guaranteed to not lose the customers currently being digested to any phone companies in the future.

I have it from a reliable source that the Droid Oblivion was pulled only because of the whole eating the owners problem, and they still were going to attempt a release until the percentages hit 55%.
I usually like to keep my sources anonymous, but I will break my rules on this one occasion only. My source was the now world renowned, Anonymous.
Wait, that may be a bad move on my part.... Dang! Stupid! Stupid! Tell my mother I love her.

danceswithbongs

Can I get the tldr; version please? :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I don't know what tldr stands for.
I kind of missed the whole destruction of the English language as I am 38.
Not busting on you, I only know lol and tia and a few others.
Ask around, it's just something I don't use. I tried by making my own ones up but no one knew what the hell I meant.

danceswithbongs

ConqSoft

Reaction score

creaky

Reaction score
Interesting that there is no Razr listed.

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

oakvad

Reaction score
Well I'm sick and tired of being attached to a plug in, 4 hrs of heavy use on my DX2. Ive been waiting for these 2 phones. Although im totally not sold on dual core i think its all hype.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
OK
Let's just look at what we know to be a cold hard truth and what we only know currently as a rumor.
Rumors are all regarding release dates, but nothing else like why the delay.
In the case of The Bionic we had some rather concrete reasons for the delay, all which were pretty sound.
And the major fact is that these companies are in business to make money. Well, the biggest time of the year for consumer purchases, especially in the current economic climate, begins the day after Thanksgiving. This would be like Reese's forgetting to get enough of their product out before Halloween. The iPhone 4s is on the market currently but Android has eclipsed the iPhone in market share and, relatively speaking, it occurred in the blink of an eye. Steve Jobs is deceased so the i everythings future is murky to say the least.
I for one don't believe that the companies involved are foolish enough to blow a great opportunity to really make their 4th Quarter earnings shine to draw in more possible investors, especially if they can poach some of Apple's investors due to inate fears that arise when someone who embodies the very company leaves. And then to end up releasing their phones in what is historically the worst quarter for sales, especially bigger ticket items.
Not to mention, only releasing it possibly a week or so after everyone has spent all of the money, and this is America so let's be honest, their available credit as well.
No one would sit back and allow this calamity to occur to their company. They would be pouring everything into fixing whatever hitch possible and getting the product on the floors by Thanksgiving, hell or high water.
To wait until January is tantamount to corporate suicide. It would open the possibility for the iPhone to gain some of their market share back, which only creates new momentum for iPhone to make a resurgence.
It would guarantee horrible sales figures, regardless of levels of awesomeness. Disposable income is at a premium. They are well aware of the numbers of Verizon customers who have been sitting on upgrades, and still are using androids. And as we approach Turkey Day that number will continue to grow, and then very rapidly deplete.
They are also aware that there are several higher level androids already released and people are not a patient or rational species when it comes to making purchases. Especially if those around them have new sparkling phones.
I cannot believe that this will end up being the case. As it means opening the doors wide for both the iPhone and all competitors running android's OS to dominate them. We are creatures of habit and if someone uses an alternate companies phone running android's OS, there's a better chance they will purchase the same brand again. Brand loyalty is a big factor and a hard nut to crack once it forms.
I say that the only acceptable issue that keeps the phones off the shelves on Black Friday, is if upon boot the phone eats its owner. And even then, it has to be over 51% of the phones in line for release. At 49% they still would probably release it since they are guaranteed to not lose the customers currently being digested to any phone companies in the future.

I have it from a reliable source that the Droid Oblivion was pulled only because of the whole eating the owners problem, and they still were going to attempt a release until the percentages hit 55%.
I usually like to keep my sources anonymous, but I will break my rules on this one occasion only. My source was the now world renowned, Anonymous.
Wait, that may be a bad move on my part.... Dang! Stupid! Stupid! Tell my mother I love her.

danceswithbongs

"TLDR" or not, that was very well put, and I've been saying the same thing all along as well. It would be incredibly stupid for phone companies to not release a phone during the highest spending point of the entire year. Period.

???

Reaction score
i don't like this 299$ crap. things going to be like 350 by the time you get it out of the store.

that feels like a lot of money all while being stuck on a 2year contract. and then watching it drop to almost free within a few months.

fml.