HTC Rezound Makes A Surprise Showing In Verizon Ad

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
MDKr4l.jpg

Well it looks like Verizon may have let the Rezound slip a little early. Apparently the ad pictured above is showing up in some Verizon stores, confirming the look, and name of the HTC Rezound. It has Beats by Dr Dre and is endorsed by Joe Jonas as was previously leaked before. My guess is this device is coming real soon but the folks over Droid Life believe Verizon will slip this device in on November 14th between the RAZR's release of November 10th and the supposed Galaxy release date of November 17th. It looks like this is the season for superphones from Verizon!

Via Droid Life

Trip3601211

Reaction score
notice they got the LG revolution, and the Droid Bionic in the background but not the Droid Charge. Well I know why...cough...cough...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Now aint that funny! LOL

I was all about getting this phone....but with the lack of details on the phone im more and more leaning towards the G-nex. win win

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^G-Nex! By the time the Vigor gets ICS, the Nexus will be getting Jelly Bean!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Seriously, the Rezound or Vigor, or whatever else it's called, is already dead..even before release. HTC waited waaaay to long to release this phone. If they told us the actual specs and gave us more than it would probably be alive, but now with the Galaxy Nexus and Droid Razr coming out in the next few weeks, the Rezound is old news and will probably be overlooked.

[joke] If I was HTC, I'd go steal a Kal-El from Nvidia or Asus and throw it in the Rezound just to boost it past the Nexus and Razr. [/joke]

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to love sense myself but now... It just doesn't appeal to me. I think I would rather have stock Android and the GN looks good. It's really a shame we don't know more *officially* about this phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JuniorJays

Reaction score
I saw a rumor somewhere t will have the next generation Qualcomm CPU, Gpu and Lte chip

bigdad63

Reaction score
I'm with you all, we need some specs to keep the rezound in the running. The razr has good specs and great style and the nex has even better specs and ok style. HTC needs to up their GAme or get left Behind.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
HTC Vigor specs

Some rumored specs
-1.5ghz dual core snapdragon processor
- Adreno 220 gpu
-4.3 inch 720x1280
-1630 mAh battery
-beats audio

Yea the rumors are fine and all....Looks to possibly be a nice phone. But if i had to choose between it running the adreno 220 chip set vs the nexus. I would get the nexus. Right now im loving sense 3.5 on my dinc2. But the rezound isnt bringing much new to the table. them spec you stated are nearly the SAME as the amaze. the rezound has NFC, beats and an HD screen over the amaze(im SURE the HD screen is VERY nice...possible better then the nexus(assuming it has a S-lcd).
If it is running a 2nd gen S4 chip set I would get it over the nexus(since ICS would be ported to it pretty quickly(since it would be such a powerhouse of a phone).

bigdad63

Reaction score
HTC Vigor specs

Some rumored specs
-1.5ghz dual core snapdragon processor
- Adreno 220 gpu
-4.3 inch 720x1280
-1630 mAh battery
-beats audio

If these are all true it is a player. Other than beats, it is my understanding that it is mostly strong speculation (I realize things like screen size/rez are fairly sure though). Can't wait for some hands on with all 3 players.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
If these are all true it is a player. Other than beats, it is my understanding that it is mostly strong speculation (I realize things like screen size/rez are fairly sure though). Can't wait for some hands on with all 3 players.

There are screen shots of it showing the phones info and everything. Just dont know WHICH cpu....ect....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
As far as Sense goes, it's very possible to get very similar in look and feel with the launchers and widgets out now. I've got the Incredible 2 now and loved Sense, but honestly, I've gone back to a Vanilla ROM with SPB Shell, Widget Locker and LOVE this setup. It's been an absolute keeper.

King_Bean

Reaction score
Up until I saw ICS, there was no way you could get me to go back to vanilla Android. I was strictly beholden to Sense. Now, I'm just waiting to see how the vendors incorporate ICS into their UIs. If the upcoming vendor-ICS UIs suck, I will just get a vanilla-ICS phone.

I'm not eligible for an upgrade any time soon and I'm LOVING my Incredible 2, so I have plenty of time to see how everything plays out.