New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandabear

Reaction score
I called in monday talked to a rep, she said set me up no problem, no questions. I checked myverizon today and saw that it had not been applied, so I recalled the original number, got a different rep- had no idea about the plan and tried to sell me the $15 150mb plan instead. Hung up, explained the situation to a second rep, she apologized set me up and now it shows in myverizon a credit of $20 for each line

the only Qualk

Reaction score
i am looking to upgrade to the droid incredible as i found it on newegg.com for 49.99 as i am not the primary line.
i am now signed up for the new plan thanks to the OP for the email :D .

what i want to verify is that it will not change my plan in anyway because i have i have never ordered a phone from newegg.
i talked to a rep and he stated that i just select what i have currently and they use it simply to realign with what my plan is but i just dont want to lose this promotion haha....
sorry if this should be its own thread i will move it. and yes this is my first post but i have been waiting for the incredible to be so cheap.
thanks

B

budmonster

[
I'm only on a 1 year contract and my contract end date is coming up, its on 02/01/11.

My girlfriend eligible for an upgrade on: 11/20/10
I'm eligible for an upgrade on: 12/01/10

So then your account would look like this:

Your line contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 12/01/2010
GF contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 11/20/2010

Then when you upgrade, you extend past the 11/10/2011 date anyway!

I'm just comparing what happened with my account to what you want to do. Verify everything I've stated with the Rep on the phone before you commit just to make sure.

I checked when our phone contracts end on My Verizon. It says my phone contract ends on 2/1/11 and my girlfriends contract ends on 1/21/11. How can their be two contracts when I ordered both phones at the same time and got a family share plan? Shouldn't both phones contracts be up at the same time? Also why are our contract end dates and upgrade dates a month apart?

I just called the number and talked to a rep. She was ready to give me the deal right away, no questions asked. But she told me my bill would be around $160, around $10 more. I pay around $151 already, I don't need an extra $10 a month?

BlueSami

Reaction score
I called in monday talked to a rep, she said set me up no problem, no questions. I checked myverizon today and saw that it had not been applied, so I recalled the original number, got a different rep- had no idea about the plan and tried to sell me the $15 150mb plan instead. Hung up, explained the situation to a second rep, she apologized set me up and now it shows in myverizon a credit of $20 for each line

THATS what happened to my girls mom.. she took the 150mb deal.. got scamed!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on the phone with them again. I told her about seeing it on this forum and that numerous people posted that they were able to keep their friends and family numbers. She put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Hee Hee... :)

Why mention this forum ? i dont think thats a good idea,other people my get denied because VZW may feel that people are trying to get over on them.

Others did it with out the mention of our little society here .... am i right ?

And besides, I would be willing to bet a donut that Verizon probably monitors this forum, as well as the other forums, to see what people are saying and doing. They will do all they can to keep from losing a couple bucks a month, but when they get backed in a corner they will do it witth a smile on their face because they are still laughing all the way to the bank.

B

budmonster

does anyone know what the final monthly price is for 2 phones under the $139.99 promo deal? like total cost including taxes? im trying to figure out if it will be more or less than what im paying for right now, which is 151.00 a month.

the rep said it would be around $160, but some of these reps don't know sh*t.

DLWear

Reaction score
Oh credits.....Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you, this promo will save me hundreds over time. Again this for everyone's support on this forum and helping someone catch a deal when they can. you guy rock!

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Just got it, called in and the rep said he had to check to see if the promo applied to me since they were targeting certain accounts. He never verified that I was targeted, he just saw that I could save on my account so he applied it. My 2 year contract is up in March, and it did not extend my contract date.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but keep in mind that after a year, the deal is supposed to go away. I did some arm twisting and got it, while taking advantage of the Droid 2 BOGO and cashing in my NE2. But come next November, unless competition changes things, I'll be either forking out another $50/mo or have to trim my data plans back to $15 (if still available) and texting back to the $5 deal.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but keep in mind that after a year, the deal is supposed to go away.
I called back and inquired about this rumor and it was denied - once you are in you are in...unless you change your plan

Sent from my Droid

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
R
Don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but keep in mind that after a year, the deal is supposed to go away. I did some arm twisting and got it, while taking advantage of the Droid 2 BOGO and cashing in my NE2. But come next November, unless competition changes things, I'll be either forking out another $50/mo or have to trim my data plans back to $15 (if still available) and texting back to the $5 deal.

No it's not. The rep told me and several others that it was for as long as we didn't change our plan.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I worked for Big Red - once you are on a plan (they're always called promotional pricing - even on the current Nationwide/Nationwide Select - they are called promotional plans). You are not going to lose it in a year or it would be a breach of contract. Please be sure what you're telling others before you post inaccurate information about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.