New to droids

outlaw63

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from a basic non-smart phone(moto razr) to a Moto X or an Incredible. Having a hard time deciding on which one.

I don't think internet surfing will be a high priority for me. My uses are mainly call and texting. I want something to fit in my jeans pocket. Above all I want a battery that lasts. I'm used to at least 3 days before a charge. I understand most smartphones have to be charged every night, but I hear with wifi, gps, and other internet options turned off I can get longer run times.

It sounds like the motorola X will last longer than the Incredible. Is that right? What about extended batteries?

Can someone help me make my decision?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you found us. Not sure how to advise since the X has not been released.

rolandct

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from a basic non-smart phone(moto razr) to a Moto X or an Incredible. Having a hard time deciding on which one.

I don't think internet surfing will be a high priority for me. My uses are mainly call and texting. I want something to fit in my jeans pocket. Above all I want a battery that lasts. I'm used to at least 3 days before a charge. I understand most smartphones have to be charged every night, but I hear with wifi, gps, and other internet options turned off I can get longer run times.

It sounds like the motorola X will last longer than the Incredible. Is that right? What about extended batteries?

Can someone help me make my decision?

Yes, X gets longer usage on stock battery. However if you put an extended battery in the Incredible it'll last the day. My coworker put in a 1500ma battery from the HTC Imagio (so same back cover) and it made a big difference for him, that allowed him to get through the day.

Personally I am going X.

OP
O

outlaw63

Reaction score
Well I'm eager to get new phone. Verizon salesman talked up the X since the Incredible won't be in till later. I like the X, but it's big. Is it that much better than the Incredible, being that I'm a basic talk and text user? I'm not one that will be on my phone all day. I can go a full day with only a couple of texts.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Welcome to the forum. Gotta ask a question though. If calling and texting are your main uses, why consider a smart phone?? Why not look into a 3G multimedia phone and save some money every month.

And as far as battery life the X has already been reported to have better battery life than the Droid. From what I have heard the DI battery life is terrible so the X would be the winner. There is also a 1930mAh extended battery coming out for the X that is only 1mm thicker than the stock battery.

The DI is a great phone. I almost switched to one myself. The Sense UI is great. The optical trackball makes navigation a breeze. And copy and paste is so incredibly easy to do. And it is a fast phone.

One more thing to consider too if you are dead set on getting a smartphone. You need to think about if you really need the bigger screen that the X offers.

ccartertn

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from a basic non-smart phone(moto razr) to a Moto X or an Incredible.

I am in the same boat. I am coming from a non-smart phone and finally decided to splurge - tired of having the worst phone standing around the other soccer parents!

I originally ordered the Incredible but cancelled after the X was announced. I probably wouldn't have got the inc until after the 15th anyway. I also read a lot of the battery issue posts. One other thing that concerned me was the lack of accessories out there for the inc. I think Motorola will be better supported. The clincher for me was the HUGE screen on the X.

CC

OP
O

outlaw63

Reaction score
Do I really need an android smartphone, no but I want a new toy.

I think I'll go with the X, but I think I'll make my final decision when I see it in my hand.