New to Droid with a couple of questions

zuperjamez

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I just got my new Droid X and I love it. I have a couple basic questions to start me out. Is there a way that I can get rid of the first unlock screen so that I can only use the pattern swipe unlock?

Also, I added my gmail account to my phone. Unfortunately, I have a done of useless address in my gmail account that I would rather not have on my phone. It appears that the phone has combined my regular phone contacts with my gmail contacts. Is there any way I can get rid of my gmail contacts?

Thanks for all your help!

impaler

Reaction score
Hey there, I just got my Droid X too, and I also enjoy it so far.

I'm not sure about your first question, but as to the second question, I thought only "My Contacts" were synced to the phone. Of course I could be wrong. I'd say delete your Gmail account, clean up your contact list at google.com/contacts, and re-add the account. Seems simpler than deleting your contacts one at a time.

erict

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I just got my new Droid X and I love it. I have a couple basic questions to start me out. Is there a way that I can get rid of the first unlock screen so that I can only use the pattern swipe unlock?

Also, I added my gmail account to my phone. Unfortunately, I have a done of useless address in my gmail account that I would rather not have on my phone. It appears that the phone has combined my regular phone contacts with my gmail contacts. Is there any way I can get rid of my gmail contacts?

Thanks for all your help!

When your in contacts hit the menu button(lower left) and you can sort which contacts to display.

Worm8199

Reaction score
In contacts, if you touch the bar that says "Contacts:All" you will get a menu to pick which list to show or to add a new contact list.