Question re: primary gmail account

JAB 67

Reaction score
I'm new to gmail and android, so please bear with me. I want to have two gmail accounts on my DX, one for my business and one for personal. When I import my contacts from my present system (a Palm device) what is the significance of choosing the account into which those contacts are imported? Can I link both my gmail accounts to a single set of contacts? I don't want to have to make a duplicate set, because I will then never keep the updates straight. TIA.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You'll have access to the whole list regardless of what account you're sending mail from. The main significance is which of your Google accounts do you want all of your contacts stored on.

OP
J

JAB 67

Reaction score
So I gather from your answer that it doesn't matter which one, as long as I store and manage my accounts from only one account?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You could very well put your personal contacts with your personal account and your professional ones on your professional account. If any contacts do overlap, you'll only see one contact on your phone. The phone will show you the details of both versions and you can adjust both versions easily.

kpiskin

Reaction score
Right, I keep my contacts separate, but a few of them have both emails because they are family or close friends. So the answer is that you can do either or both.