New to DROID scene could use some help

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
Definately don't google who knows what it will give you..just choose a ROM from the Android Roms section on this site, or on Alldroid.org. Alldroid has some that this site doesn't have and vice versa. If I were you, I'd download it on your PC, then transfer it to your phone through USB, then follow the installation directions.
Thanks .

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Definately don't google who knows what it will give you..just choose a ROM from the Android Roms section on this site, or on Alldroid.org. Alldroid has some that this site doesn't have and vice versa. If I were you, I'd download it on your PC, then transfer it to your phone through USB, then follow the installation directions.
Thanks .
No problem hope it works out. If it doesn't post back here

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you still running the stock kernel? Can you overclock your phone? I think kernels are made to be able to tether.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
i would grab the rom manager from the market also. It will make the 2.1 update painless.

Last edited:

jrl9851

Reaction score
Go to settings: about phone....and tell us what it says under "kernel version"

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
Alright so i finally gave up on it and started from scratch. i followed the tutorial step by step and now its working. thanks for all the help everyone it is much appreciated. this is the link i used to install it, and it was pretty painless invcase anyone is having the same problems i was.
How to Install 2.1: The Easy Way Refined with New 2.1 ROM - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

now that thats squared away any suggestions on any other cool things i can do with the droid??
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-scene-could-use-some-help-2.html#post344572