New to DROID scene could use some help

MrHadster

Reaction score
Hey every one!
i just converted from the iphone to the droid and i was trying to set up the wifi tethering i already rooted the phone and downloaded the app but i keep getting a prompt with something about kernels and i cant figure out how to solve this can anyone help me out please keep in mind im new to this and im a lil slow lol thanks!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
whats the prompt say? gotta help us out a little if you expect help in return

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
my fault it thought i typed it thats what i get for watching tv and typing at the same time it says "no net filter" i went to the FAQs but it didnt help when it comes to the droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay it would help if you slowed down =) Lack of punctuation and proper grammar makes it harder to read and understand..what tethering app are you using? What rom are you using? What kernel are you using?

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
lol the app i am using is called "wireless tether for root user...", as far as kernel and rom, im not quite sure what those are... im slow remember? haha

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol the app i am using is called "wireless tether for root user...", as far as kernel and rom, im not quite sure what those are... im slow remember? haha

did you upload anything to your phone after you rooted? if not then you dont have either of those

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
btw, im expecting big things from Vince Young this year

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
Try the tether app downloaded from this anda.pk / the non-market android application database site. Try it and then come back with the results.
just installed and updated this app, but im getting the same prompt. the heading says "No netfilter" and the text says "Sorry, but your kernel does not have the necessary features for tethering please see our FAQs page" and the link provided takes me to the same page as before, it has the solution to this problem for the nexus one, ADP g1, and donut, but it does not have the solution for the droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are rooted, right? Do you have a ninja icon named Superuser in your app drawer?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't mind, I suggest installing a 2.1 ROM. This will give your phone better battery life, live wallpapers, neat stuff from 2.1. Most also theme your phone, such as making the notification bar black and the text on it white, a cooler app drawer button (launcher), and some other stuff. I'd highly suggest this because not only will you get the most out of rooting but its sure to work with tethering.

OP
M

MrHadster

Reaction score
If you don't mind, I suggest installing a 2.1 ROM. This will give your phone better battery life, live wallpapers, neat stuff from 2.1. Most also theme your phone, such as making the notification bar black and the text on it white, a cooler app drawer button (launcher), and some other stuff. I'd highly suggest this because not only will you get the most out of rooting but its sure to work with tethering.
ill check it out... to download it should i just google it from my phone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Definately don't google who knows what it will give you..just choose a ROM from the Android Roms section on this site, or on Alldroid.org. Alldroid has some that this site doesn't have and vice versa. If I were you, I'd download it on your PC, then transfer it to your phone through USB, then follow the installation directions.