new razer maxx needs rooting

droidx38

Reaction score
Been roaming around the forums here all afternoon and Im not confident enough to pull the trigger on rooting. Just needing solid direction how to do it with system version 6.12.173.xt912, android version 2.3.6. All Im looking to do is wifi and install an app manager. Nothing fancy

Trash Can

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, but a lot of users are using FoxFi for free, no root WiFi tethering. Most seem pretty pleased with the results too.

Sorry, I can't help you with the rest of your questions.

pmbarrontx

Reaction score
Easiest way I found was motofail. It worked like a champ for me. I have since unrooted using the doom lord tool and re-rooted with motofail. Simple stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would download the Razr Utility in the sticky of this thread and root that way. Just install drivers and load the program and hit a key and off it goes, unrooting is just as easy. Best WIFI App I have found if you have root is called android wifi tether, have to do a Google search for the APK not on the Play Store.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I would download the Razr Utility in the sticky of this thread and root that way. Just install drivers and load the program and hit a key and off it goes, unrooting is just as easy. Best WIFI App I have found if you have root is called android wifi tether, have to do a Google search for the APK not on the Play Store.
+1...if you want to root the Razr Utility located in the sticky at the head of this page is the best/safest/easiest method I know of. You can also unroot, return to stock .173 etc. The utility has a number of other useful tools for the "rooter" like loading RazrBootstrap or SafeStrap.

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I cant get wifi to work after rooting. No matter what widi app I try to use the hotspot icon pops up too and the tether never connects. Any ideas?

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
So far I have tried rooting a half dozen times with no luck. Funny thing is, when I use root checker, it says the root was successful. I am able to use antek app manager with no problem after rooting. Cant figure out why the android or open garden wifi wont work properly.

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Ok, did it one more time just for the heck of it......and it worked! :icon_ lala: Now, on to installing voodoo root keeper and re-install my app manager!