New problem: Sense music losing its memory

brent372

Reaction score
This just started recently. I will listen to music. Then several hours after stopping, my music player widget and app both show "Choose songs from your library to play some music..."

This never used to happen. It would always remember right were it was playing when it stopped.
Phone has not been rebooted since playing stopped.

Stock Rooted ICS.

Thanks!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Do you use a task manager, like ES Task Manager, to kill stale tasks and free up memory? This might be causing Music to loose it's mind. Remember that is also normal for Android to clear out stale tasks as needed over time, if you are doing something else that takes a lot of memory the OS might be killing the task to free up memory.

Also, consider an alternate player like Fusion Music Player or Winamp. I have been using Winamp for a long time, it even holds it's place through a reboot. I can always just jump back in the car and hit play and it takes off right where it left off, even a day later.

Last edited:
OP
B

brent372

Reaction score
Well I guess a recent update to my task killer had wiped my ignore list. I just re-added the music app back to the ignore list. Lets see what happens.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm... Interesting... Just out of curiosity last night well I was driving delivery I switched back and forth between Winamp and Music, and low and behold one time it did exactly as you describe, forgot it's place and had to start over. Any idea when this started? Could it have been doing it since the ICS update?

Sorry, but I don't normally use the Music player, I find it horrible compared to WinAMP, Fusion, or PowerAmp, and although you lose the "Beats" audio, with any of those you can emulate it through it's own equalizer (that is all Beats Audio really is, a custom equalizer setup) but the features you gain are worth it.