New phone....

dredhead407

Reaction score
Okay guys let me tell you my situation before anything.

A couple of weeks ago my droid 1 got wet beyond repair and that was my 3rd replacement from asurion. They are no longer willing to replace my phone until I am under a new contract and I didn't want to pay another 90 dollar deductible anyways. So I am currently with my god knows how old BB Tour.

I would replace my phone with verizon but the employees over at the one closest to my house are being stubborn and dont want to give me a CLNR. I know as you can see in my sig that I was rooted and I dont want this thread to turn into a "well your warranty is voided so that's what you get" kind of thread.

I just wanted to know either of these things. Where can I get a cheap droid 1 with a good esn? Or what beast phones are going to Verizon in the next 3-4 months? Beast= Dual core, 4.3" screen, unlocked bootloader preferred.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swappa.com

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
thanks but idk if I'm feeling cheap or something but why is everybody selling an over year old phone for over 100. Its kind of ridiculous if you ask me. But thanks again for the reference.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original droid is still worth $150 - easily

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your feeling cheap then lol. Normal price for dx's is ~$250 from what ive seen and its almost a year old itself.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I just sold mine for $100 and felt ripped off. That phone is a stud and the community for it is unparalleled. Running the latest linux kernel + UltimateDroid 3.3 on my gf's its just as fast as my droid 2, no lie. I miss it. High end performance games like emulators are way better, but day to day use her phone is just as quick. I'd easily pay $120 for a good condition Droid 1. If you wait for "the next new super phone to end all super phones", you'll be waiting forever. I'm very happy with my droid r2d2's performance and can't wait for custom GB roms. :) also, I'm so sorry you have to use a BB Tour... lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
true. so what if i decided to just give up on getting another droid 1? what phones are coming out? I heard the targa is coming out in 2 months and I also heard it is coming out in christmas. Or the Galaxy S2. I was debating on moving on from my beloved droid 1 anyways :/.

OP
D

dredhead407

Reaction score
I just sold mine for $100 and felt ripped off. That phone is a stud and the community for it is unparalleled. Running the latest linux kernel + UltimateDroid 3.3 on my gf's its just as fast as my droid 2, no lie. I miss it. High end performance games like emulators are way better, but day to day use her phone is just as quick. I'd easily pay $120 for a good condition Droid 1. If you wait for "the next new super phone to end all super phones", you'll be waiting forever. I'm very happy with my droid r2d2's performance and can't wait for custom GB roms. :) also, I'm so sorry you have to use a BB Tour... lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Yeah I feel you. The tour is truly one of the most horrid phones I've ever used. Even the og droid's keyboard is better than this one and I now realize how truly great the droid 1 speaker was now that I have to listen to music on this POS. I also feel like the BB OS is completely terrible now. All in all, savor your droid and cherish the android experience.