New ota update didnt change much

Reaction score
One thing that reallllllly bugs mE and still continues to bug me is they changed the settings button location. At home screen when you press the menu button the little menu pops up with settings being on the right. But after the update they moved setting on the left side. So every time i go for settings I hit search instead. It will take some I'm to get use too. I also wanted them to redo the power widget that come with the phone. I wish they would allow it to be customized. So I use a third party widget. Also in the settings menu they changed the color of the icons and some of the logos. I liked it when it was one solid color. Now the settings menu looks a little tacky but that's my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yes but, the setting button was on the left in 744. Then it moved to the right in 748, and now back to the left in 173. At least I am almost 100% sure that it was on the left originally.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Yes but, the setting button was on the left in 744. Then it moved to the right in 748, and now back to the left in 173. At least I am almost 100% sure that it was on the left originally.

i didnt have a droid for about 4 months cause i was waiting for the razr and nexus to come out. but i always have remembered the settings on the left with my razr. and on my droid two i just kept them on my home screen so im not sure about that phone.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I actually like it a lot better. Especially the color.

im digging the color also, but i feel like they jacked it from the windows phones. my friend has a windows phone and his text icon is identical :p same color, only difference is the windows one had a nose :) and the droid is :). i liked the notification of the old one. the little envelope, but the new one is the smiley face. i like the envelope better.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Battery:
  • Increased overall battery life
  • Improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® enabled headsets
Camera:
  • Improvements in camera performance and user interface enhancements
Apps:
  • Updated VZ Navigator® with the latest 3D map improvements
  • Added V CAST App
  • Updated Google applications including new versions of Music and Talk, as well as added Google Videos
Visual Voicemail:
  • Resolved issues so messages can be marked as read
  • Improved message playback to resume when audio is switched to speaker
  • Updated to allow subscription or unsubscription while connected with Wi-Fi
  • Eliminated error associated with pressing back key after playback
Mobile Hotspot:
  • Improved security
  • Updated permissions to successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites
User Interface:
  • Updated email icon for better visibility.
  • Included new icon graphics on the Homescreen and Application tray
  • Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
Other:
  • Updated multimedia ringtones to permit saving
  • Updated favorite contacts widget
  • Resolved issue to correctly show the remaining download time when performing an Over The Air (OTA) update

dsprik

Reaction score
Also added the app "Emergency Alerts", which is the Federally mandated (FCC) CMAS alert system that handles Presidential alerts (mandatory and non-configurable alerts) and regional emergencies, such as tornado threats and Amber alerts.

Last edited:

gator57

Reaction score
I will say the overall performance of the phone has been drastically improved. When this phone and the Nexus were being talked and written about I have to say I was really leaning towards the Nexus but went with the razr because it "sounded" more promising, and to say the least I was a little disappointed in the performance. Now here I am sitting in the cat birds seat because I really think the phone is what it was meant to be all along. The battery life, 4g and hot spot performance alone is enough to make even a hard core tech person blush.

rn701

Reaction score
The main benefit to Motorola and Verizon is that this update got me to buy a Razr Maxx. (Was waiting for the wifi hotspot fix.) Did some tests, and 4G is slightly faster than WiFi. Nice. (Guess I need to check out why my wifi is so slow.)

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned, but there was a tweek to the clock display when connected to the dock. I haven't connected up to my tv yet, but I am hoping to see some changes that make the transition from phone to TV a bit more intuitive. So far I'm loving the changes... and this thread has been great at uncovering the changes.

Last edited:

khenning2

Reaction score
.173 won't let me hide the market from my kid. Sucks.

210droid

Reaction score
I notice launching **** like facebook; now take a while to load. On the brightside- 4G is alot more stable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

jdroid80

Reaction score
I notice launching **** like facebook; now take a while to load. On the brightside- 4G is alot more stable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Facebook has been slowing down for the past month, way before the update.

Strangely though, it went away yesterday.

cpd192

Reaction score
Before the update I could only get 4g in one spot in my house, and it was only a few bars, now I have not left 4g all day and the bars are full.

ITguy4

Reaction score
I don't see it mentioned here, but I noticed that when I receive a Text Message while using the Car Dock, there is a very prominent button with an option to listen to the message.