New Nielsen Ratings Slightly Favor Android as Most Desired Phone over iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-over-iphone-smartphone-os.png

According to the newest Nielsen ratings report, not only do Android phones hold more market share than the iPhone, but their recent poll also shows that 'Andy' is slightly more desirable to consumers than the iPhone. The above graph shows that consumers planning on buying an Android smartphone rose from 25.5 percent to 31.1 percent, while consumers that plan to purchase an iPhone declined from 32.7 percent to 30 percent. Rim has dropped to an anemic 11 percent. The chart below shows that Android still holds the lead in total market share over iPhone with 37 percent for Android and 27 percent for iPhone.

smartphone-marketshare-android-over-iphone.png

Source: Android.net via NielsenWire

tcayton49

Reaction score
Wow. Windows Mobile/WP7 has 10% market share. Given that windows mobile is crap and WP7 is fairly new, that's kinda impressive.

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Wow. Windows Mobile/WP7 has 10% market share. Given that windows mobile is crap and WP7 is fairly new, that's kinda impressive.

I know a lot of companies that run strictly windows OS have developed mobile apps that only run on windows mobile.

Lots of point of sale retail systems have apps like mobile inventory, mobile barcode etc.

That could somewhat artificially inflate windows mobile number just because if you want that Point of sale functionality it has to be on windows mobile.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I would never see the day RIM was 3rd.

Seems like Android and iOS are magnets for ppl switching platforms too.