New Motorola BootAnimation Used Real Yarn and Thread

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Motorola throws in the unique feature of pushing out new bootanimations to their devices. Sometimes we get new bootanimations that correspond with the Holidays, other times they correspond with current events, and sometimes they are just plain fun. The newest bootanimation features the Motorola logo being stitched into fabric. it would be pretty easy to assume that this is purely computer animated, but it turns out this was designed using real yarn and was shot stop motion style! The final product looks pretty sweet!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome.. I think they're putting in more effort on the boot animations than the phones possibly...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is pretty cool. Personally I like the direction Moto is going with their new line. Shatterproof screens, Moto Maker for a Droid. Seems like we have hit a point where specs on paper are all pretty similar for new phones. Maybe we have hit a plateau where specs are not going to change much? So manufacturers have to focus on the user experience. I think Moto is doing a great job at this. Custom boot animations updated frequently, custom apps updated through the Play Store without waiting on OS updates and unique designs through Moto Maker. Some folks are not going to like how the new Droids have a similar design style to the Moto X line, but I think they are still producing nice looking phones that offer a great user experience.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still have the old. My logo has never changed.
"New boot animation for...like 2 phones...."

Not impressed

razingkane

Reaction score
My phone started showing the knitting boot animation in July/August, then a couple of weeks ago the knitting animation reverted back to the original spinning world animation. No idea why I got the knitting animation or why my phone reverted back to the original animation.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mines never been different. No Turbo love.

Tap'n Turbo
I think the custom boot animations are only available on the Moto X line. Verizon doesn't want their Droid line to have custom themes.....we have to see Verizon at every boot-up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think this is kind of a neat idea, but don't really see a NEED for it, obviously. How do the new animations come? Is it a silent thing, where it'll just boot with the new animation next time you boot, or is it an update that you're made aware of?

Do they download over mobile, using up your precious data?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It all started back during the droid maxx..the Motorola M would be changed as far as color according to season or month or near by holiday.. Then they made it so it changes every time you boot the phone..and yes..this all started back during motoxg1 ..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moto does an air push ota ..just really small..like how they push stuff out to testers..(as I was told from Matt on the forums)/he could've been joshing me
Happens when you reboot..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My phone started showing the knitting boot animation in July/August, then a couple of weeks ago the knitting animation reverted back to the original spinning world animation. No idea why I got the knitting animation or why my phone reverted back to the original animation.
Same here.

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I have the OG MotoX and haven't seen a new animation since World Cup :(