[NEW] LG Star/ OPTIMUS 2X Shows Off it's Dual Core muscle!

rybnik

Reaction score
So you think it will be ignored based on how poorly recieved lG cellphones have been lately? I'm not sure, I think all the publicity its getting with leaks is rapidly bringing this handset to attention, and I think good reviews all around (if that happens) would make the new Optimus a major, well known hit rather than a slow burn, word of mouth sleeper.
No I mean that when this device gets some more buzz via the blogs people will realize what a great device it really is. I think people are under estimating what a player this device really is. Why? Because it's LG.

I prefer Motorola hardware but I'm not so blind to see that this device is pretty amazing. I think the Optimus will do for LG what the Droid did for Motorola. It will put them on the map as a REAL contender. Perhaps thats what Sanjay Jha was talking about this when he said “There is a competitive dynamic developing.”

I interpreted it as the iPhone was coming, as did a lot of others, but it also could be interpreted as there is some heavy competition coming from Samsung and LG. Pure speculation of course but it is not out of the realm of possibility.

That makes quite a bit of sense..On the topic of that Samsung..wonder when we will see the Galaxy S2 (which is the Stealth, right?). You think CES is too soon?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes Samsung Stealth...be nice to hear about it at CES. You never know : )

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I agree....LG is stepping up their game here. I think with Android being 4g before iphone is going to make these new devices true game changers. Since the iphone will be 3g for at least another 6 months to a year the competition will be between the Android manufacturers.

Sent from somewhere...

bastosero

Reaction score
Your can't go wrong with this device. I think this LG handset is going to be a sleeper. It will definitely deliver the goods.

LG/Samsung/Motorola are the devices to watch in 2011.

Sent from Droid

We can't forget about HTC either. They pump out new phones like hot cakes! LOL. I won't be surprised if they announce another phone to compete with what LG, Motorola, and Samsung are offering soon. :)

rybnik

Reaction score
Your can't go wrong with this device. I think this LG handset is going to be a sleeper. It will definitely deliver the goods.

Sent from Droid

We can't forget about HTC either. They pump out new phones like hot cakes! LOL. I won't be surprised if they announce another phone to compete with what LG, Motorola, and Samsung are offering soon. :)

HA HA HA AH AH AHhhhhh....
Apparently you haven't been following a certain tragic thread...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...epot/96133-htc-merge-incredible-hd-rumor.html

The reason we are all excited about these phones is that HTC seems to be letting us down :(

bastosero

Reaction score

Sent from Droid

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...epot/96133-htc-merge-incredible-hd-rumor.html

The reason we are all excited about these phones is that HTC seems to be letting us down :(

I've read that too, bro. What I meant is, since HTC is one of the manufacturers that seem to pump out new phones every month, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with another new phone besides what we've all been hearing about that are going to come out soon or in the near future.

rybnik

Reaction score

I've read that too, bro. What I meant is, since HTC is one of the manufacturers that seem to pump out new phones every month, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with another new phone besides what we've all been hearing about that are going to come out soon or in the near future.

Well its funny you just mentioned that, cause it appears that the HTC Scorpion (for Verizon) may have just been outed...Is this the final name for the fabled DincHD?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erge-incredible-hd-rumor-221.html#post1091700

bastosero

Reaction score

Well its funny you just mentioned that, cause it appears that the HTC Scorpion (for Verizon) may have just been outed...Is this the final name for the fabled DincHD?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...erge-incredible-hd-rumor-221.html#post1091700

Oh well...I was hoping they would join in the battle for Android supremacy in the coming months since the competition would benefit us consumers. :)

rybnik

Reaction score
Just because the accessories are already listed doesn't mean the device itself will show right away....Merge was in the system a while ago and then disappeared when V decided to delay it (and the DincHD/Scorpion/Mecha) whatevever its name is!

creaky

Reaction score
According to the article, it hits Korea in January, then European and other Asian markets afterward. So, do we have to wait until March to get it here? That would be hard. However, the Etna, Stealth, and possibly HTC Scorpion may be here around then, too. So many great phones coming -- I just can't wait to use the upgrade I'm sitting on. Let's bring it, and bring it soon -- sooner than March!