Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
While posting with my Thunderbolt I'll enjoy laughing at the people who passed on the Droid X for then Thunderbolt then decided to wait instead for the Bionic and now "hmm, may have to skip the Bionic for the HD". While typing all this on their Droid 1 or Incredible 1 :)

I for one am not going to pass on the Bionic!!!

das2042

Reaction score
Question, so are these phones that are coming out with 720hd, are they going to be not real 720? Isn't the size of the screen the real determining factor in the resolution just like TVs? I could be way off so don't yell at me, and even with a big battery wouldn't a screen of that nature be a battery hog just like my d1?
I think the bionic is the end of waiting, because I can't wait any longer and I yearn for 4g.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I'm upgrade-eligible in early December, and I can't wait to get rid of this D1. I'm watching the Bionic, but I know I can't wait for the HD to make it to market. I do need 4G, but I have feeling the HD will have it partly because it would be a marketing fiasco for Motorola if they didn't make one of their best new phones 4G-capable. From the technical side, 4G makes sense for the HD: what good is an HDMI output if you can't stream high-def fast enough over 3G? New devices always get slimmer over time (including semiconductors), so we can't judge the phone's 4G capabilities not knowing what is inside the phone yet.

I'm down to either a newer Motorola with a larger screen than my D1, or maybe something like the Thunderbolt.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
saw this as well. that hd is looking skinny fine and prettymuch all screen and same size prettymuch as the bionic. great....another phone that i want that i have to wait on.

I agree on skinny part, but I don't think the screen/non-screen ratio on the face is much different than the bionic.

motoroladroidbionicdroidhdleak03-1.jpg

creaky

Reaction score
Maybe it has A new LTE chip that is smaller that is being tested?.. This phone will not be released until sometime in 2012.

That would be good news. Hope so for the masses. This phones not on my radar.

end of line...

I'm with you, JS. I've waited too long for an upgrade (since last November) so whatever comes out in the next couple of months that looks best (Bionic, SGS2) will be what I go with.

I also agree that it looks too thin for LTE. Shame, since I would really like a global phone (holding out that possibly the Bionic will have global capabilities).

Finally, I don't like the sharp corners in the design. The thin profile is really nice but rounded corners are more aesthetically pleasing and slide into pockets smoothly.

LewD1

Reaction score
I'm with you, JS. I've waited too long for an upgrade (since last November) so whatever comes out in the next couple of months that looks best (Bionic, SGS2) will be what I go with.

I also agree that it looks too thin for LTE. Shame, since I would really like a global phone (holding out that possibly the Bionic will have global capabilities).

Finally, I don't like the sharp corners in the design. The thin profile is really nice but rounded corners are more aesthetically pleasing and slide into pockets smoothly.

It could have the 2nd gen LTE antenna/radio we've been hearing about, hence the skinnier form.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Question, so are these phones that are coming out with 720hd, are they going to be not real 720? Isn't the size of the screen the real determining factor in the resolution just like TVs? I could be way off so don't yell at me, and even with a big battery wouldn't a screen of that nature be a battery hog just like my d1?
I think the bionic is the end of waiting, because I can't wait any longer and I yearn for 4g.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

No, screen size has nothing to do with it. My 22 inch computer monitor is 1920x1080 just like my 40 inch Sammy!

gmorgan056

Reaction score
What's up with Moto and putting these humps on the back of their phones?

And I will probably be getting the Bionic as well. My Droid is on it's last leg.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could have the 2nd gen LTE antenna/radio we've been hearing about, hence the skinnier form.

Why I know it's the "crazy conspiracy" point of view, I am a firm believer that somewhere deep in the R&D departments of the largest of tech companies, they are 3-5 (if not more) generations ahead of what technology the general public has now - so I completely agree that this could have a 2nd gen LTE radio in it. I have no basis for this information, just speculation.

bplewis24

Reaction score
they could just be running a test build on that start-up screen but anyone else notice that is not the blur battery icon. That is the stock GB batt icon.

That's another reason why I don't believe this "HD" phone is a production model or a phone that is based on something coming to retail. It wouldn't surprise me if it were just some test device. It looks pretty ugly to me.

Brandon

EFGantry

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly? Android Central is claiming it could be on different carriers, but doesn't that violate the contract between Verizon and Lucasfilms?

Admin over at AC (Phil) just said that he's confirmed that VZW is testing the D-HD. if VZW is already testing, and we're already seeing leaked photos of the device, it can't be that far off. (and by that i mean maybe end of Q1/early Q2??) and, this would also seem to fall in line with what Jha said last week or so - the Bionic isn't the only product Moto has coming to mkt. in fact, he gave some indications that Moto could have other significant devices coming to mkt in Q4. we all knew the end of '11 was going to be crazy, and this device could certainly add to the craziness. this is definitely on my radar!

rumblee1

Reaction score
Sounds nice but no user replaceable battery, no phone. I'll stick with the bionic. I don't want to be like an iphone owner and have to carry around a charger for when my battery gets low.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums