New issue - Voice call volume keeps getting set to zero

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's happening, but recently my voice call volume keeps getting set to zero.

About 20 minutes ago I checked and call volume was set to zero again. I raised call volume to maximum, made a call and verified it was still at max.

Then hung up and put the screen to sleep.

Just checked and now it's back to zero volume again for call volume.

I'm going to go wipe cache/dalvik cache next and see if that helps. Never seen an issue like this before. Haven't installed any new apps related to managing volume, and confirmed that none of my dock apps (car dock or charging dock) are messing w/any volume settings.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any ideas? I've rebooted a couple times and the problem persists through reboots.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wiped cache/dalvik, and phone boots up w/call volume set to zero! :(

bofis

Reaction score
That's totally strange. I'm not seeing this issue with 1.7, and I have Volume Ace Pro installed, which is how I'm checking it, though I don't use it regularly or have a widget for it these days, so I don't think it being installed should have fixed anything in mine either necessarily.

There's some funniness going on with 1.71 that could affect volume issues and also whatever was causing "media server" to drag my phone to a crawl whenever I've tried it. hmmmmm

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odd thing is that I had zero issues for weeks and weeks before this cropped up, so I'm thinking it could be a problem with an app I've added that isn't playing well w/Zombie.

It's getting worse - I was on a call today and the call volume kept getting reduced as I was talking. I'd press volume up to get it back up to full but as I talked it would start to reduce back to zero again...really odd.

bobstro

Reaction score
I've noticed that many of the problems that I've initially attributed to various ROMs go away in safe mode. Do you experience this problem on calls in safe mode?

- Bob

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that many of the problems that I've initially attributed to various ROMs go away in safe mode. Do you experience this problem on calls in safe mode?

- Bob

Thanks for the post - I ended up "giving up" and wiped data, and the problem is gone now.

Thanks for reminding me about Safe mode, but I've forgotten how to access it. :)

shawn13165

Reaction score
I've noticed this same problem on my D2 with Liberty 2.0.1 been running liberty for weeks without this issue, started noticing the in call volume thing bout a week ago and have no clue as a cause

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bobstro

Reaction score
[...] Thanks for the post - I ended up "giving up" and wiped data, and the problem is gone now.
That's what I noticed with many of the problems I was encountering. It also makes me think "the ROM" is not to blame, but rather something I've loaded or configured acting differently with it.[QUOTE}Thanks for reminding me about Safe mode, but I've forgotten how to access it. :)[/QUOTE]Just reboot and hold down the OK button until the phone is ready. You won't have anything but the basic ROM software available, but it's a good way to verify that the basic phone is working properly.

In my case, I finally narrowed the culprit down to underclocking settings. I'd have the low volume on occasional restarts, and the phone would work fine through a call, but never wake up after the screen shut off afterwards. Now that I figured out the cause, the phone's been solid running ZS.

Hope this helps.

- Bob

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bobstro. I haven't been under or overclocking myself, but I think Zombie has some built-in "clockaging" so maybe that is the issue, and it comes up in just some phones...there is a lot of variability to sensitivity to CPU clock tweaking on phones.