Razr M call volume resets to full with each call

PedroS

Reaction score
I got a Razr M a week ago and I have a problem with the ear piece speaker volume resetting to full with each new call. Any incoming or outgoing call, the volume is at full even though the volume displays at or near the lowest level. To fix this, I only have to bump the volume adjustment one notch up or down. I’ve rebooted the phone into safe mode to verify it’s not an app I’ve installed, but the problem persists.

Is this a known issue with this phone or do I have a bad one? It’s very annoying to have the person on the other end of each new call screaming in my ear until I get the volume adjusted back down.

OP
PedroS

PedroS

Reaction score
Factory reset didn't fix it. It's going back to the Verizon store for an exchange tomorrow.

OP
PedroS

PedroS

Reaction score
Update

I took the phone back to Verizon today for an exchange. The replacement was older than the original as it has a build date of Aug. 2012 and came with Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich where the original had a build date of Oct. 2012 and came with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. The new phone worked great and held it's volume level from call to call like it should. Upon getting home with the new phone, I pulled the over the air update to 4.1.1 and guess what, the volume problem is back. This is obviously a bug in the new Android Version and I'll be contacting Verizon tech support again over the weekend to let them know what I've discovered. I'm not interested in being Motorola's beta tester with this waiting to see when and if they fix the bug so I guess I'll be returning this for an HTC Incredible 4G or something else. To bad, I really like this phone but having the person on the other end of every call scream into my ear until I lower the volume is unacceptable.

Swan0586

Reaction score
Volume Issue

I have the same issue with my Razr HD Maxx. Very annoying. Hopefully there is a fix because I am not returning the phone.

OP
PedroS

PedroS

Reaction score
Looks like this phone and my Moto bluetooth headset don't like each other either. One call may work through the bluetooth headset while the next won't, all the while the bt icon is present indicating a paired and connected device. So glad I get to spend the next 18 months with this phone. My next will not be a Motorola.

Anyone know how I can contact Motorola with these problems?