New here, Skype Mobile Question

Screamin_99

Reaction score
Hey all im new here but I just searched this on the web and found this site. I searched around and couldnt find the answer I was looking for either so here it goes.

I use skype on my PC to IM people and just chat with some old friends. I dont want to or dont need to use skype mobile to call anyone; is there anyway to disable this so that I couldnt accidently be calling people losing minutes or getting some huge charge?

Also I use the skype mobile to IM and keep up while im away from my PC and such during the day, does this charge me anything or cost me anything to do this?

Im just trying to ensure that I dont force my bill sky high and then get it and think "oh crap" Anyone have the answers? again I dont use skype to call at all just IM.

Thanks in advance!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont think skype will call anyone unless you are in the app.

and for chatting, if you have the unlimited data plan (which you should on verizon) you will be fine

OP
S

Screamin_99

Reaction score

and for chatting, if you have the unlimited data plan (which you should on verizon) you will be fine

Sweet thanks, I was more or less wondering if there was a setting maybe within the app where I could disable calling, both incomming and outgoing if not I think ill be ok anyway. Its free as long as its in the US right?

Good deal, yeah I have the data plan dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sweet thanks, I was more or less wondering if there was a setting maybe within the app where I could disable calling, both incomming and outgoing if not I think ill be ok anyway. Its free as long as its in the US right?

skype to skype calling (computer to computer) is free but i doubt using the mobile version is free to call

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

skype to skype calling (computer to computer) is free but i doubt using the mobile version is free to call

It's not Skype to cell or landline uses cell minutes....Not Data or Wifi.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It's not Skype to cell or landline uses cell minutes....Not Data or Wifi.

yea i didnt know bc i have it for my computer but didnt bother dl'ing it for my droid