Skype app question

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
So I'm going on vacation overseas next month, and if I use Skype on my droid to call my girlfriend, who will be here in the states, and she uses skype on her computer, will I be subjected to any fees/charges? Or is it free as long as it's skype to skype? Thanks!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Negative. i asked the rep he has stated that international call with skype mobile will cost you. no sure how much but there is a fee. skype to skype domestic then no cost.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
So I'm going on vacation overseas next month, and if I use Skype on my droid to call my girlfriend, who will be here in the states, and she uses skype on her computer, will I be subjected to any fees/charges? Or is it free as long as it's skype to skype? Thanks!

There should be no charge i thought. May want to try calling skype and asking them directly but you shouldnt get any other charges. you may want to look into wingbee/sipdroid or google voice/gizmo5/sipdroid which are all ways to make true voip calls using your droid and a wifi connection. you can search each of these ways on here and/or google and you will find all the examples and details. hope this helps.