New here and in need of help

brokenup

Reaction score
First off I'd like to say "Hello" to everyone!
I am new here and am in need of some help.
Here is my problem, Sunday the digitizer touch screen on my LG Spectrum 2 VS930 cracked. On Monday I ordered a new one. Today, Wednesday, the new one arrived and I replaced it.
The problem is, I turn the phone on and it starts up as usual, you can hear the Verizon music, hear the text messages arriving and so on. What you don't get is anything on the screen, except for one half the screen being green (the right side) and one half the screen being black (the left side). Also, if I touch the screen, things will happen, I just can't see what! I was told to do a soft reset and all I could find about it was "turn the power button off then on again". I can not do that because I can't see the screen to power off, so to turn it off I have to pull the battery. I don't want to do a hard reset and lose everything.
Any help would be a great help.
Thank you

JimiMack

Reaction score
First off I'd like to say "Hello" to everyone!
I am new here and am in need of some help.
Here is my problem, Sunday the digitizer touch screen on my LG Spectrum 2 VS930 cracked. On Monday I ordered a new one. Today, Wednesday, the new one arrived and I replaced it.
The problem is, I turn the phone on and it starts up as usual, you can hear the Verizon music, hear the text messages arriving and so on. What you don't get is anything on the screen, except for one half the screen being green (the right side) and one half the screen being black (the left side). Also, if I touch the screen, things will happen, I just can't see what! I was told to do a soft reset and all I could find about it was "turn the power button off then on again". I can not do that because I can't see the screen to power off, so to turn it off I have to pull the battery. I don't want to do a hard reset and lose everything.
Any help would be a great help.
Thank you

Have you taken it to a Corp. Verizon store. Even to do a Hard Reset you will need to be able to see the screen to know when to release the Power and Volume down buttons. Even if you were able to guess the timing on that, I would at least give it a try. You will lose everything, but hopefully you have everything backed up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've gotten a defective replacement. I've never seen or heard of a screen that displayed the way you describe except when the screen turned out to be defective. Take it to the store and let them see it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

brokenup

Reaction score
Thank you both, JimiMack and Foxkat
Been to a Corp. Verizon Store, only wanted to sell me a new one! Phone is not backed up.
I was thinking defective screen too. Gonna try taking it all apart and rebuilding it again tomorrow. Maybe i missed something or something is a bit loose. If that don't work will contact the place where I bought it and see what they say, let ya know what happens.
Thanks again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I highly recommend not disassembling it. You'll void the warranty and give up any chance of another replacement. I'd insist on them replacing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

micrors4

Reaction score
I would try cleaning the connector for the display with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and re-seating it, if not it is probably defective.

Last edited: