new guy here

icemanwbs

Reaction score
Finally registered, very new to android. I have been listening to all the podcasts i can get my hands on !.......i am looking to " root " my samsung fascinate I500.......tried the one click method with Z4, but doesnt seam too want to work, seams to " freeze" during the install. would love to have someone " walk me thru " step by step if at all possible. :)

ajb3985

Reaction score
Your first mistake was getting the fascinate...one of the buggiest android phones out there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The fascinate is am awesome phone when rooted. The hardware is comparable to the phones released today. That said, please provide your os version (the specific 2.x.x listed in the settings).

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
I

icemanwbs

Reaction score
Thanks for replying kingsway...its 2.2.2. Edo5

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
I

icemanwbs

Reaction score
I read thru that link you posted. One says no real need to root? ..and other methods require pc hook up. Was hoping for a true " one click" like z4

GSdub510

Reaction score
I've never rooted my Fascinate but was wondering how it benefits the phone? I don't care about custom roms or themes but if it could make the phone faster and get gingerbread I'm down.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I've never rooted my Fascinate but was wondering how it benefits the phone? I don't care about custom roms or themes but if it could make the phone faster and get gingerbread I'm down.

Cm7, nuff said

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk