new Google(tm) Latitude widget

khelek

Reaction score
All,

I did a search and didn't see anything jump out, so if it's been discussed, please feel free to send me in the right direction.

Has anyone else used the new Latitude widget that was introduced with the latest Maps update? I've got it on one of my screens and like it, but noticed it only shows 3 people and now way to show others. I haven't seen any settings for it.

Thanks!

chunkielover

Reaction score
I tried installing the widget last night as well. It displayed on my screen but no data loaded. The 'wheel' in the upper right corner spun for hours. Maybe I am missing something.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I tried installing the widget last night as well. It displayed on my screen but no data loaded. The 'wheel' in the upper right corner spun for hours. Maybe I am missing something.

It was working perfectly for a while and did randomly stop working not sure if the google maps update needs to be installed but i havent heard good things about the version so waiting for another update for it.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have used Latitude a couple of times the last few days - sometimes very accurate, sometimes not so much.

Not sure if others are finding this or not.

One more question - where is the Latitude widget? How do I add it to a home screen? I don't see it anywhere. . sorry for the dense question, but I don't see a widget anywhere within Maps.

TreeFrog

Reaction score
its a long press on homescreen...widgets..pick latitude. you might of had to sign up for it prior also!

and yeah i agree...doesnt work very well!

OP
khelek

khelek

Reaction score

It was working perfectly for a while and did randomly stop working not sure if the google maps update needs to be installed but i havent heard good things about the version so waiting for another update for it.

I just ran into this as well -- the widget was working perfectly, and then, yesterday, I noticed it was blank and the wheel is constantly spinning. No change after the 2.1 update.

castaway

Reaction score
latitude widget

i have same problem blank widget and spinning refresh button.. im not alone but looking for fix

OP
khelek

khelek

Reaction score
i have same problem blank widget and spinning refresh button.. im not alone but looking for fix

It sounds like you may have come from the Google Help thread I started for Google Mobile, but in case you didn't, would you mind visiting there and adding your info? There's a Google employee there who's paying attention to the thread, so I'm hoping the more folks who pipe up about it, the more they'll look into it (also, if you know of anyone else as well).

Thanks!

Latitude widget for Android stopped working - Google Mobile Help

ldimick

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I removed MAPS, reinstalled form the market and then re-added the widget. Everything is working now.

OP
khelek

khelek

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I removed MAPS, reinstalled form the market and then re-added the widget. Everything is working now.

After being afeard of doing the same, I finally bit the bullet and did it (fortunately, it only removes the maps update, not maps all together, which is what concerned me). It appears to be working for the moment, but I'm not holding my breath that it's "fixed"....