Google Maps 4.2.0 Battery Life

vann816

Reaction score
Since I've updated to Google Maps 4.2.0 I've noticed that the program is using up a large part of my battery. Is anyone else seeing this?

For example, my phone has been off the charger for 3 hours and the battery use says 36% for Maps. I'm down to 70% battery life. GPS is turned off and am not using latitude. I haven't even used it since I unplugged my phone.

Before the update, Maps wouldn't even show up if I hadn't used it.

Last edited:

nighthawk700

Reaction score
I was going to post on this. I had maps on while driving up to visit some people over the weekend. Not navigation, just the maps. The Droid was plugged into the car for power. I started out with a full battery. After an hour or so, I noticed the battery indicator was showing the battery was charging, and the droid wasn't fully charged. So even though it was plugged in, it was losing more power than it was gaining. I don't remember this happening with earlier versions, although I may not have had the map on for so long earlier.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed this myself and I have been using it with GPS.

So even though it was plugged in, it was losing more power than it was gaining. I don't remember this happening with earlier versions, although I may not have had the map on for so long earlier.
Mow many mA does your car charger put out? It's certainly possible to use more than you're supplying if the charger isn't supplying much.