New Galaxy S8 Reports The Inclusion Of An "Infinity Display".

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s8-render-kingway-lee-2.jpg

We have been doing our best to keep you all up to date on all the latest leaks, rumors, and reports of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8. The information just keeps on coming. This is certainly one of the most anticipated devices we have ever seen. The Guardian has just released a report filled with information from their sources which mostly matches what we have reported here with a few tid bits of new information.

According to The Guardian sources the Galaxy S8 comes in two display sizes (one 5" and one 6") with an "infinity display" which will be dual curved. If this is true we won't be seeing a non curved version of the Galaxy S8 just like we saw with the Note 7. The phones will mostly remain the same size since the bezels are being trimmed down from last years models. These phones will also include an iris scanner, rear mounted finger print scanner, 3.5mm headphone jack, dua pixel camera from the Galaxy S7 with slight improvements, 64GB base storage, microSD card slot, usb type c, and the Snapdragon 835 processor.

It was widely believed that the Galaxy S8 would include an embedded fingerprint scanner on the front of the device, however this is not what Guardian is reporting. Guardian is also reporting Bixby the personal assistant will use the camera for object recognition. There may also be a new accessory allowing you to dock your S8 for a desktop experience. This report pegs the announcement for March with an April release.

via The Guardian

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good: It will be one awesome looking device.

Bad: It could potentially be a headache as your hand will have to grip the sides which means you will be touching the display or barely holding on to the phone.

Still I applaud Samsung for continuing to push the boundaries of tech. The only way we can continue to improve is to be willing to seek out challenges.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
I do not understand why the Qualcomm techno of the fingerprint reader with ultrasound is still not used. Xiaomi does it but nobody else, which I find very strange. It will be nice if it used on the Galaxy S8!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 6 s iphone 7

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Good: It will be one awesome looking device.

Bad: It could potentially be a headache as your hand will have to grip the sides which means you will be touching the display or barely holding on to the phone.

Still I applaud Samsung for continuing to push the boundaries of tech. The only way we can continue to improve is to be willing to seek out challenges.

The S7 Edge was a headache trying to grip the phone on the edges. Its the primary reason I got rid of it and got my Pixel. Sure, it looks nice enough but every phone is ugly when you throw it against a wall in a fit of rage because the screen refuses to respond because the tiniest bit of skin is touching the tiniest bit of screen on the edge. It happened so much I found myself going into the "HULK SMASH" mode.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bad: It could potentially be a headache as your hand will have to grip the sides which means you will be touching the display or barely holding on to the phone

The S7 Edge was a headache trying to grip the phone on the edges. Its the primary reason I got rid of it and got my Pixel. Sure, it looks nice enough but every phone is ugly when you throw it against a wall in a fit of rage because the screen refuses to respond because the tiniest bit of skin is touching the tiniest bit of screen on the edge. It happened so much I found myself going into the "HULK SMASH" mode.

Too bad they don't make the screen with 3 separate sensor areas.
Middle, which would be like our flat screens., then two edge sensors.
And then have a setting so that the user could choose to turn the edge sensors off, to eliminate the issues above.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

whippleman

Reaction score

I had the same problem with my S7 Edge and even started hating it. However, I loved the Note 7. They did something to take care of this issue with the Note 7 because it almost never happened.

wardo

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my S7 Edge and even started hating it. However, I loved the Note 7. They did something to take care of this issue with the Note 7 because it almost never happened.
So how was the note 7 curved/edge screen different from my s6 edge and will the s8 be similar to my s6?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 0 interest in the "edge" display. I have no need or desire to read anything along an angled edge.

As for the issue with touching the screen there...don't really understand why they can't disable touch input somehow, basically making an artificial [transparent] bezel.

I'm loving the new "90%" display devices....just wish someone would make one in 5.0" with top specs.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So how was the note 7 curved/edge screen different from my s6 edge and will the s8 be similar to my s6?

The curve was lessened on the Note 7 making accidental touches less likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have 0 interest in the "edge" display. I have no need or desire to read anything along an angled edge.

You don't really read anything on the angled part. Unless you have it setup to display a clock there when it's on its back. It's a pull out menu to have shortcuts and other info to display quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
Latest leaked dimension specs have the smallest S8 still bigger than the current normal S7. My phone is big enough. Why not edge to edge with 5" screen? How about small, medium and large? It seems like I'll skip the S8. The screens do very little for me. How about the camera?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I'm hearing that the S8 has a 5.8" screen, and the S8+ has a 6.2" screen. The S8 and the LG G6 are the two phones that i'm following, to replace my Moto Z Force Droid.:p