The Galaxy S8+ Will Also Feature A Larger Battery

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S8-leaked-image-2-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

A new logo from Samsung leaked seemingly confirming the naming of the larger Galaxy S8 device the Galaxy S8+. Not only will the device feature a larger 6.2" display than the standard S8's 5.7" display, it will also feature a larger capacity battery. "The Investor" is reporting that the standard Galaxy S8 will feature a 3,000mah battery while the larger Galaxy S8+ will feature a larger 3,500mah battery. Hopefully battery optimization will have also been improved thanks to the Snapdragon 835 processor that is also expected to be featured. According to reports Samsung will not be using the Chinese manufacturers they used for Note 7 battery production and will instead use Japanese company "Murata Manufacturing". They will also be utilizing an 8-point battery safety check all in an attempt to avoid the issues that killed the Note 7. I for one am glad they are taking the extra precautions this time around.

via TheInvestor

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A 3000mAh battery in a phone with a 5.8" screen? Something tells me that's not going to go over well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I had that size battery when I was using my Note 4, w/ a 5.7" screen. It was great.
:p

Briankbl

Reaction score
The Galaxy S7 Edge has a 5.5 inch QHD screen with a 3,600mah battery.

Let's increase the screen size and lower the battery capacity... Yeah, that's going to go well.

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
A bigger battery's good and I'm also liking the look at that metallic back. I need to see more of the Note before making my decision.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
A 3000mAh battery in a phone with a 5.8" screen? Something tells me that's not going to go over well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
exactly! i need battery twice that size to last me a day. 3000mah today is a minimum, even budget chinese phones are surpassing this standard. heck my daughter's lg volt from 2014 had 3k battery and it only has 4.7" 540p screen, gets awesome battery life. this is going to die faster then nissan leaf in winter months.

jbal52

Reaction score
I agree with the others that question a "bigger" battery in the S8+. I have the S7 Edge that has a 5.5" screen but with a 3600 mAh so how does a 3500 mAh battery mean a bigger battery?

wardo

Reaction score
If the normal size has 3k I'm passing. My note s6 sucks so bad and there is no way >500mah is going to make it better.
The short amount of time i had the original turbo i loved the 4K battery.

Waiting for the LG G6 to spill some good battery news-hopefully.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
3,500mah? Finally we will have not more autonomy. He whispered that we would have more substantial batteries of 4000mah. We see today that all this will remain at the stage of rumors. Too bad For years we have been promised batteries of greater capacity, we are still at the same point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s10 samsung galaxy s8

Last edited: