New Features Coming in Gmail Update: Pinch-to-Zoom and More

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
how about if I delete LatinIME.apk? It's about 23.5 mb. Would that adversely effect Swiftkey3? Or Cm wallpaper? About 7 mb.

How big is the new gmail apk and how much space do you currently have available in your /system/app directory? Just want to make sure you really are filled up before I have you deleting. ;)

Both should be fine. I think LatinIME is just the keyboard but I'm not 100% on that. Since you have swift key it shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

reebz

Reaction score
How big is the new gmail apk and how much space do you currently have available in your /system/app directory? Just want to make sure you really are filled up before I have you deleting. ;)

Both should be fine. I think LatinIME is just the keyboard but I'm not 100% on that. Since you have swift key it shouldn't be an issue.

according to Root Explore, /system/app has 292 mb used, and 0k free. I think the new GMail apk is about 3 mb

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
according to Root Explore, /system/app has 292 mb used, and 0k free. I think the new GMail apk is about 3 mb

OK just wanted to be sure that's what the problem was. Should be able to pick either one to remove without a problem

reebz

Reaction score
It's not an installable apk. You need to delete the current gmail apk (or rename with .bak extension) and then drop the new gmail apk into /system/app, change permissions to RW-R-R and reboot.

Success. Thanks for all your assistance.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Man, pinch-to-zoom should have been implemented eons ago :blink: at this point instead of being a "YEY, that's awesome!" reaction it's more of a sarcastic "it's about @#$%* time" reaction. :dry:

Maybe now that they've FINALLY added pinch-to-zoom and have gotten that checked off the list they can start focusing more on removing all the annoying bugs and glitches in Android. :wink-b:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How about they make it easier to turn-off that infernal message grouping in gmail and on my Rezound?