New, ex-BB User.

lschmitt

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and was just posting a thread to say hi. I use to be in love with my Blackberrry. I thought for sure that I would only buy BB for the rest of my life. Now that I have the Droid, I changed my mind. I love the OS that android has, and the apps they offer. I thought when BB AppWorld came out it would turn out to be a great thing. However, as any ex-BBer knows, the BB AppWorld was good, but was equally a disappoinment. I understand that it's relatively new, but the functionality just wasn't their like it is on my android.

So before I ramble on, and on, I look forward to meeting some of you and finding out more about my new droid.

Thanks, and if you want, add me as a friend.

sir

Reaction score
welcome to the forums! glad to hear you're happy with your droid. hopefully the info you find here can make your transition as easy as possible.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
welcome schmitt...as you will find out there is a TON of former BB users in here : )

have fun

OP
lschmitt

lschmitt

Reaction score
welcome to the forums! glad to hear you're happy with your droid. hopefully the info you find here can make your transition as easy as possible.
Thanks sir, so far so good. It's taking some getting use to. Coming from the BB Storm, I'm still use to clicking to open things. I find myself trying to highlight things, which you can't really do with the droid. Overall, I'm loving my droid. One thing is that the camera doesn't take as good of pictures as my Storm did. I thought it would be better, being a 5mp versus a 3.2mp. Hopefully the update were suppose to get will help the camera out a little.

OP
lschmitt

lschmitt

Reaction score
welcome schmitt...as you will find out there is a TON of former BB users in here : )

have fun
Thanks serial killer. Quick, maybe stupid, question for you. How do I change my avatar picture here on this forum? I've looked all over my profile page and cannot seem to figure it out. Thanks

ncc1701p

Reaction score
I'm also joining you as a BBConvertee.. The ultra fun and excrutiongly painful part for me was to hack out my memos to txt files to import into GDocs notepad w/ synch.. Oh the pain. Its quite a different beast but I think the User Experience will be great. Its not ultra-instant push down email but its pretty close on occasion. I of course miss my BBMessenger friends :(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
upper left corner of the page go into the "user cp" there you will find Edit Avatar

OP
lschmitt

lschmitt

Reaction score
upper left corner of the page go into the "user cp" there you will find Edit Avatar
Thanks. I figured it out. For some reason it wouldn't let me change it the first few times I logged in. Maybe I had to post a few comments or something or my browser wasn't letting me for some reason. Either way I changed it. Thanks.