Questions for ex-BB users

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I am upgrading from a BB Storm to the DX very soon, and have a couple of questions for those of you that have made the jump from BB to Android.

1) Any major issues migration your old data from your BB?
2) How do you secure data stored on the DX SD card?
3) Any tips, or advice?
4) What did you do with memos that used to be stored in Outlook?
5) Did you convert to a gmail email acct, or can others, like hotmail, be pushed to this phone?

Thanks, looking forward to the new phone.

theprae

Reaction score
I received my X on release day and had been using the Storm for over a year before that. I'll try as best as I can to answer some of your questions, but I did not use the same things as you did, but hopefully I can help.

1) Any major issues migration your old data from your BB?

The only data I had on my microSD card on the storm were music and pictures. I simply moved the data from my BB to my PC and then to the X, having no problems.

2) How do you secure data stored on the DX SD card?

Are you talking about encrypting data on the card? I haven't looked into this yet.

3) Any tips, or advice?

The X simply blows away the Storm in every possible way so far. While the X doesn't require the push-click like the Storm, you will be pleased with the screen, unless you have particularly small hands, because it is a lengthy device. While it's only been a week since I have had the X, I am very pleased.

4) What did you do with memos that used to be stored in Outlook?

I've never been an Outlook user, but I've read about people using Outlook on the X.

5) Did you convert to a gmail email acct, or can others, like hotmail, be pushed to this phone?

I converted multiple gmail accts to the X, no probs as Android is by Google (thankfullly). Much like BB, Android provides for other email services, so the process should be similar.