current BB user, 3 quick questions about the Droid X

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I'm about to upgrade from my BB Storm to the Droid X. I have 3 questions --

1) When I first begin using the Droid X will it automatically try to sync with the google calendar online or does that need to be set up (enabled)?

2) Can this feature be turned off if I do not need to post all my contact, calendar, and task data to the 'cloud'?

3) Does the phone come with a program that lets you backup when plugged into a pc, the way that a BB does?

Thanks!

fecurtis

Reaction score
I'm about to upgrade from my BB Storm to the Droid X. I have 3 questions --

1) When I first begin using the Droid X will it automatically try to sync with the google calendar online or does that need to be set up (enabled)?

It'll do it automatically. When you purchase the phone (I did it at the store), they'll make you put in your gmail account and password.

2) Can this feature be turned off if I do not need to post all my contact, calendar, and task data to the 'cloud'?

Hmmm that I'm not sure of.

3) Does the phone come with a program that lets you backup when plugged into a pc, the way that a BB does?

No, there's no Google version of Desktop Manager, you'll have to use the My Verizon feature and that only backs up your contacts.

kpiskin

Reaction score
When you enter items into the calendar you can actual create private items that only you will see.

Not sure what you are trying to back up, but there are apps to help with that and can be found in the market. Also, all your account information and contacts are backed up if you use google. Once you're on Froyo even your apps will be backed up.

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
When you enter items into the calendar you can actual create private items that only you will see.

Not sure what you are trying to back up, but there are apps to help with that and can be found in the market. Also, all your account information and contacts are backed up if you use google. Once you're on Froyo even your apps will be backed up.

I routinely backup my BlackBerry to my pc (videos, apps, app data, memos, saved texts, documents, pictures ....etc). Are you saying that once Froyo arrives, that ALL of this data will be automatically synced/backed up to my google account, and can all be restored if needed?

Thanks.