new dx owner with issues...

tommyboy845

Reaction score
just got the droid x, was coming from the og droid1..

im not so new to root, my d1 was rooted, rom'd, oc'd all that fun stuff...

first day i had my dx i z4'd it no problem, bootstrapper, clockwork made nandroid backup, tried a rom (jrummy) but reverted back to backup.
since then ive just installed some apps and removed some bloatware.

but have noticed some issues i was wondering if anyone else have noticed.

i set my ringtone to one of the stock droids, and set a contact a specific one created via ringdroid, when that contact calls i always get a random song(mp3) as a ringtone. and my regular ringtone is a different one that what i set...

i also occasionally get a random reboot. and random freezes...
could it be something i removed causeing this? i only did unimportant ones i believe, ill try to report back the bloat i removed...

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Def let us know the apps u removed. Im running rooted stock and use TiBu to freeze apps instead of remove. Removing anything associated with blur can cause reboots and freezes. Also u will need those bloat apps to do any updates from vzw then reroot after update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

tommyboy845

Reaction score
let me rephrase, i renamed the apks not removed them... heres the list...

amazonmp3
blockbuster
cityid
vzwnavigator.droidx
dlna
dlnasystemservice
friendfeed
geniewidget
helpcenter
madden11
newswidget
skype_mobile
redding-7648 (kindle app)

if i use launcherpro would that remove the need for most other blur apps? ive noticed a lot of apps running in my 'running services' that i would like to remove as i am not sure if they are needed.

Beka27

Reaction score
I thought I saw a list somewhere of what bloat could be "safely" removed or froze, anyone have a link for that. I'm rooted but stock, and still feeling pretty bloated... lol.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Your list seems reasonable. Your issue sounds like a software glitch.

I would do a factory reset (which simply refreshes whatever rom you are running)

From what you wrote it seems you have a good understanding of what's going on.

OP
T

tommyboy845

Reaction score
No rom here, stock 2.2.1 w/root. Been working with linux for years and helping root droids for as long..

So I just switched back to stock home screen cause I had a weird feeling about something, but the stock widgets were still on some screens (first thing I did was launcher pro install) so I removed said widgets and switched back to launcher pro and some of those services dissapeared.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
You said you went back to stock launcher? I had no problems until I replaced the stock launcher. Launcher pro seemed to give a bunch of random reboots when changing screen orientation on stock rom. After flashing custom rom no problem. ADW also random reboots loved launcher pro.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with launcher replacements