Custom ringtones and MP3's not playing on DX

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with their custom ringtones not playing or being recognized by the DX? Lately, the past week, mine has been not recognizing the custom ringtones and putting a generic ringtone in because it considers the custom one an "unknown ringtone". it's doing this for phone calls, text messages, and all of my music. Everything I have on the DX is in mp3 format, and when I go to my music to try to play it while its screwing up, it wont play. Any suggestions or should I just take the damn thing back to Verizon? I received the phone in August, so well out of the thirty days warrantly, but there is insurance on it and its obviously still under the manufacturer's warrantly. I really dont want to deal with setting up a new phone if I don't have to, but I also expect a multimedia smartphone to play my music and custom ringtones too. Thanks in advance!

P.s. sometimes rebooting the phone will fix the problem, other times the phone fixes itself, no telling which is going to work or if its going to act up until I get a phone call or text message.

Edited to add: I realize i should reboot the phone every day or at least every other day... however, I shouldn't have to reboot this phone multiple times a day to get my music and ringtones to work properly. Since this started happening, nothing has changed or been added/deleted from the phone, so I am at a loss as to what is causing this.

Deanna

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You have it right with rebooting. This is a common issue with the droid x and 2, and could also be affecting the pro and global. Anyway the fix is a reboot but more importantly it is regular reboots.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Why is this all of a sudden a problem within the last week? Is there another fix other than rebooting MULTIPLE times a day? Other than this issue, and as minor as it may seem, it is highly annoying that a multimedia phone isn't doing its job lol, the phone is great and I love it. Hopefully they put out an update or something that will fix this issue....

Thanks for your reply!