Ringtones, Alerts and Notifications

TheQueb

Reaction score
I'm confused. When I try to set a custom ringtone for a contact it gives me a choice of using quite a few "Ringtones". Default ringtone, Beat Plucker, Bell Phone, Bentley Dubs, etc. When I try to set a Sound for an alarm, it gives me the choice of using Ringtones, MP3, Video or Vibrate only though when I look in the selection of Ringtones here, there are very few, in fact, only about 8 of them. I have the alarms, notifications and ringtones folders created on the sdcard under media/audio and have many, many ringtones in this ringtones folder but none of these show up in any of the lists for me to choose from forr contacts or for alarm sounds... Any ideas?

wseyller

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my Droid 1. I can set ringtones from sounds in on my sdcard but I can't for the stock alarm.

Humpa

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my Droid 1. I can set ringtones from sounds in on my sdcard but I can't for the stock alarm.
If you have a folder on your sdcard named "alarms", then any ringtones in that "alarms" folder will be available for the alarm.