New Droid Z Force downloading huge update

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Now that you mention that, I just realized that I haven't had my volume off of vibrate much lately, so I wasn't aware folks were having an issue.

If it was just a security patch, you'd think it wouldn't affect something like notification volume. Interesting...
I don't think it did anything to my volumes. At least, I haven't noticed...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's good to hear. I know I've turned my volume back up after work and I've heard messages come in while the phone is in my pocket just like before, so if it affected mine, I think it was minimal, but I'll have to pay closer attention to be sure.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seen like it's a universal problem, but lots of people are noticing it. I checked in safe mode, same issue, did a FDR, no joy. It can be temporarily "corrected" through Device Help speaker fix, but then the volume rocker is defaulted to the in call volume, not the ringer volume and there is no way to change it back. Some have said that when it connects to bluetooth devices, that undoes the "fix", but I haven't noticed that. It does revert back to low volume notifications after rebooting though. I agree, why would they do something to the volumes with a security patch? Oh well, not that big of a deal to me.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That might be why I haven't noticed. I use BT in my truck every day, so maybe I'm doing the fix without even knowing there's a problem.

It should be the opposite. Supposedly using bluetooth "unfixes" the "fix". Hmmm, I'm not sure if unfixing is a word...OK. It undoes the "fix". Now I'm all discombobulated. Now that's a word I like.
Like you, I use bluetooth in all of my vehicles every day so I don't bother trying to "fix" it.
For me, It's such a minor issue, I'm not worried about it. You can still hear the notification ringtone, it's just significantly more quiet. Some people are getting real worked up over it though, so for their sake, I hope they get it fixed soon.