New DROID X mixed boot animation, with sound.

Casen

Reaction score
Made a mixture of a few boot animations for my DROID X.
Rotten Apple
Stock DROID boot
NeXus Holiday Red

Then added (and mixed horribly) a sound I made from Apple startup, then some stock DROID auido files.

Sorry if its rotated, I forgot about that when I filmed it, but that actual phone and file are in portrait mode. Also, sorry about the "fisheye". My camera is a compact hand held with a 10x zoom. That close, and the lens warped the image a bit.

[video=youtube;mJ5DqbbZ2QY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5DqbbZ2QY[/video]

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/85339-adding-boot-sound-x.html#post884841

I have already edited the desc.txt to play one sound at the beginning of the animation. you can use what ever file you want, but it has to be named android.mp3

The sound file needs to be place in the /system/media/ folder, along with the boot animation.

EDIT:: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service Link for the zip with bootanimation, sound file, and the /system/bin/ file.

Last edited:

rcjames

Reaction score
Rotten Apple
Stock DROID boot
NeXus Holiday Red

Then added (and mixed horribly) a sound I made from Apple startup, then some stock DROID auido files.

Sorry if its rotated, I forgot about that when I filmed it, but that actual phone and file are in portrait mode. Also, sorry about the "fisheye". My camera is a compact hand held with a 10x zoom. That close, and the lens warped the image a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5DqbbZ2QY

Hey thats pretty cool, wish x was to he original eye. But how easy to do this? Are you able to share us the files and help us newb?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Tomorrow, bed now

DROID X: Rooted, DeoDexed, BigDXSerenity Red

rcjames

Reaction score
Tomorrow, bed now

DROID X: Rooted, DeoDexed, BigDXSerenity Red

Okay good night thanks for showing us that. Good to piss of
my brother that is into windows and apple. I hate apple, i love
linux and android and window some what. :)

OSX2000

Reaction score
I wish the Droid 1 supported startup sounds. That's a sweet boot animation.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Rotten Apple
Stock DROID boot
NeXus Holiday Red

Hey thats pretty cool, wish x was to he original eye. But how easy to do this? Are you able to share us the files and help us newb?

Im busy moving right now, but just look around for editing boot animations. Its pretty much just placing a series of files in a folder. If you still need help, I could probably work on that in within a few days.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
added link to first post

Daali

Reaction score
very cool. My experience has been. Your /data/local/bootanimation.zip has to have the reference in the desc.txt file to a ogg file. That ogg needs to be in /system/media folder. To enable sound you must change out the /system/bin/bootanimation executable in order for it to work.

rcjames

Reaction score
very cool. My experience has been. Your /data/local/bootanimation.zip has to have the reference in the desc.txt file to a ogg file. That ogg needs to be in /system/media folder. To enable sound you must change out the /system/bin/bootanimation executable in order for it to work.

Can you and the owner of this thread do a step by step how to do all this?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
The quote in the first post has a how to change the system/bin/ file
That file is the small one included in the zip I have posted.

The android.mp3 file needs to be placed in system/media
the bootanimation.zip file (roughly 11MB) should also be placed in system/media/ as i am not sure if sound will work from the data/local folder.

rcjames

Reaction score
Rotten Apple
Stock DROID boot
NeXus Holiday Red

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=884841

I have already edited the desc.txt to play one sound at the beginning of the animation. you can use what ever file you want, but it has to be named android.mp3

The sound file needs to be place in the /system/media/ folder, along with the boot animation.

EDIT:: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service Link for the zip with bootanimation, sound file, and the /system/bin/ file.

Okay thanks is this with sound?

rcjames

Reaction score
The quote in the first post has a how to change the system/bin/ file
That file is the small one included in the zip I have posted.

The android.mp3 file needs to be placed in system/media
the bootanimation.zip file (roughly 11MB) should also be placed in system/media/ as i am not sure if sound will work from the data/local folder.

Where can i get the sound?