New DROID X mixed boot animation, with sound.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
For all with questions, the megaupload link needs to be un zipped.
In that .zip is the actual bootanimation.zip that needs to go into /system/media.
There is also an android.mp3 that has to go into /system/media/
there is also a very small bootanimation file that needs to go into /system/bin/ . This file is the one that was described in the First post, in that quote.

No need to extract a zip leave the file alone it just make live easier place it in /system/media

Hey, OP here.
I made the .zip on megaupload, and there are different files inside of it that do infact need to go to different places.

The .zip includes:
bootanimation.zip (the actual animation)
a very small bootanimation file (needs to go to /system/bin/)
and android.mp3
Cheers

rcjames

Reaction score
For all with questions, the megaupload link needs to be un zipped.
In that .zip is the actual bootanimation.zip that needs to go into /system/media.
There is also an android.mp3 that has to go into /system/media/
there is also a very small bootanimation file that needs to go into /system/bin/ . This file is the one that was described in the First post, in that quote.

No need to extract a zip leave the file alone it just make live easier place it in /system/media

Hey, OP here.
I made the .zip on megaupload, and there are different files inside of it that do infact need to go to different places.

The .zip includes:
and android.mp3
Cheers

Does not need to its not a must. Check out my video once i load it up. I'll show the proof. :)

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score

Hey, OP here.

The .zip includes:
and android.mp3
Cheers

Does not need to its not a must. Check out my video once i load it up. I'll show the proof. :)

Well. hmm.. I coulda sworn the /system/bin/bootanimation had to be replaced to get sound.........

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey, OP here.

The .zip includes:
and android.mp3
Cheers

Well. hmm.. I coulda sworn the /system/bin/bootanimation had to be replaced to get sound.........

Oh sound well i loaded another bootanimation that is simular like this thread but there no sound. Is this bootanimation on this thread already packed with sound and ready to be downloaded? Gotta read the thread again. LOL Anyways i'm loading up the video in youtube.

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey, OP here.

The .zip includes:
and android.mp3
Cheers

Oh okay well i'll download you're file soon. I didn't knew this was already availble thought u were busy moving. Sorry I thought u were someone else.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score

Oh sound well i loaded another bootanimation that is simular like this thread but there no sound. Is this bootanimation on this thread already packed with sound and ready to be downloaded? Gotta read the thread again. LOL Anyways i'm loading up the video in youtube.

Yeah, i made it, and included a soudfile, and a system/bin change. but never knew it would all work by just placing the .zip from megaupload in there...

rcjames

Reaction score

Yeah, i made it, and included a soudfile, and a system/bin change. but never knew it would all work by just placing the .zip from megaupload in there...

Oh i don't know about you'rs since it has a sound file. Below is a video the file name of it is bootanimation.zip i first renamed bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak that is in /system/media then i copy and paste the custom bootanimation.zip to it and restarted and done. I'll try you'rs first in my way then you're way beside i want you'rs as default on my phone. :) You did a very good job.
[video=youtube;SjydiOUz8es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjydiOUz8es[/video]

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score

Oh i don't know about you'rs since it has a sound file. Below is a video the file name of it is bootanimation.zip i first renamed bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak that is in /system/media then i copy and paste the custom bootanimation.zip to it and restarted and done. I'll try you'rs first in my way then you're way beside i want you'rs as default on my phone. :) You did a very good job.

yeah you changed the actual bootanimation.zip
in my file i included a /system/bin/ change, a audio clip, and the ACTUAL bootanimation.zip.. watch the video on the first post. you will hear it.

rcjames

Reaction score

yeah you changed the actual bootanimation.zip
in my file i included a /system/bin/ change, a audio clip, and the ACTUAL bootanimation.zip.. watch the video on the first post. you will hear it.

Okay well yea since you added the sound and what not. Is there a way i can switch the x with the android flipping icon? I'm sorry i thought the steps would be the same as what i installed before i installed this. But you added sound and other cool stuff. I love the x but i like android fliping icon because well it will piss my brother :) since he's a apple fan. LOL

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Zjm0oid-pRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm0oid-pRA[/video]

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Had to download the video

cut the portion i want with a video cutter

cut the audio from the portion

take the portion and run it through a video to jpg converter

put everything into bootanimation.zip format

make a desc.txt

rename and move audio to phone

push the bootanimation and bam!

rcjames

Reaction score
Had to download the video

cut the portion i want with a video cutter

cut the audio from the portion

take the portion and run it through a video to jpg converter

put everything into bootanimation.zip format

make a desc.txt

rename and move audio to phone

push the bootanimation and bam!

How long have you been doing this?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Bout 4 days..
Total from my first animation until now.

I did the sickest video one in about 3 hours, making it up as i went along...

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Ive been in the process of moving for about a week, so i have some free time.