Changing startup Notification sound

p.f.sanford

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a droid x rooted 2.2, I am trying to put my own notification sound on there. I have the .ogg version of the sound file i want and the mp3. I tried putting the files in the system/media/notifications folder, but it wont show there. Ive got a copy of thoose files on the sd card in sdcard/media/audio/notifications. It will show the file when I goto settings-sound-notifications, but when i select it will just play beeps.

Also, Is there a way to set the turn on sound and set all other notifications to a differant sound?

Thanks
Pat

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a droid x rooted 2.2, I am trying to put my own notification sound on there. I have the .ogg version of the sound file i want and the mp3. I tried putting the files in the system/media/notifications folder, but it wont show there. Ive got a copy of thoose files on the sd card in sdcard/media/audio/notifications. It will show the file when I goto settings-sound-notifications, but when i select it will just play beeps.

Also, Is there a way to set the turn on sound and set all other notifications to a differant sound?

Thanks
Pat

Welcome to the forum:)

When you say "start up notification" are you talking about when you first boot up the phone? Cause if your using a sound from an SD card for a notification it will not make the sound when you boot up your phone. This is because it hasn't mounted/prep'd your SD card yet to pull the sound from.

And if you make a folder for audio, on your SD card, you should be able to grab sound from that for any ringer/notification sound you want.

I don't know how to add the sounds directly to system, would like to know myself.

OP
P

p.f.sanford

Reaction score
I was talking about the startup sound. So is the sd card mounting/preparing what it does right after it turns on? Is there any way around that so its not reading of the sd card?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Set a stock sound for the startup sound or root your phone and put your custom sound on the phone memory

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

p.f.sanford

Reaction score
Yeah, my phone is rooted. How do I put the custom sound on the phone memory?