Boot animations with sound now working on Gingerbread!!

Nupraptor

Reaction score
So I have a Droid X and I just upgraded to GB .595. I tried flashing a bootanimation via CM because I didn't know any better, and now I'm stuck with the black screen. I've tried placing a new bootanimation in /data/local, tried it in /system/media/, tried setting the permissions to rw-r--r--, and I still get a black screen upon boot. What do I have to do to undo the damage I've done? Unfortunately, I don't have a GB backup of before I flashed the bootanimation.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
So I have a Droid X and I just upgraded to GB .595. I tried flashing a bootanimation via CM because I didn't know any better, and now I'm stuck with the black screen. I've tried placing a new bootanimation in /data/local, tried it in /system/media/, tried setting the permissions to rw-r--r--, and I still get a black screen upon boot. What do I have to do to undo the damage I've done? Unfortunately, I don't have a GB backup of before I flashed the bootanimation.

What did you try to flash, and how did you go about it

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Try re flashing in bootstrap?

Sent from my DROIDX

Nupraptor

Reaction score
I'm using the Droid 2 Bootstraper. I was under the impression that it booted into CMR. Am I incorrect? If so, ignore that part. Either way, the OP of this thread says:
IF YOU HAVE ONE OF MINE, OR SOMEONE ELSES WHO MADE IT INTO AN INSTALLABLE .ZIP DO NOT INSTALL IT. It wont break your phone, but it will just be a blank screen untill the phone is ready.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I am op.. And that warning was for the original files with sound I made. Try flashing again

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
If that doesn't work. Try downloading the other file, rename it bootanimation.zip and place it in your data/local file and your system/media foldes. Do not change any permissions our anything else

Sent from my DROIDX

Nupraptor

Reaction score
Redownloaded the flashable file, booted into recovery with Droid 2 Bootstrapper, flashed the file successfully: Black Screen.

Redownloaded the bootanimation.zip. Placed it in /data/local: Black Screen. Moved it to /system/media: Black Screen. Tried it in both folders... Black Screen. I think I'm just going to reflash GB .595 so at least I have the Droid Eye back...

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Man, I have been trying to download that flashable zip all morning... Failure after failure....

Take your .595 update, and open it up to system/bin and grab the file named "bootamimation" place that file in your phones system/bin and then try placing the bootanimation.zip (not the flashable one) in data/local

Sent from my DROIDX

Nupraptor

Reaction score
That worked! Thank you! I had a feeling that the "bootanimation" file from /bin/ folder was the problem, but I didn't think to pull out the original from the 595 zip and replace it. Thanks again.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
No problem, glad to help out
Sent from my DROIDX