New droid user looking for knowledge!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
due to my ADHD i already switched to BB 0.4 i still dont understand fully the reason to put a custom ROM on the phone.. i mean i dont see a major difference in the functionallity of the phone, is there something im missing here??

Wait, you mean to tell me you had Sapphire 1.0.0 installed and overclocked to 1Ghz and you didn't notice a difference in performance?

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
now im running on the BB i cant seem to get the RM to work, i hit install from SD card and it sits there at the moto symbol... and i take the bat. out and do it again, sooo should i just install it through astro?

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
nooo i liked the Sapphire 1.0.0 and the overclock was amazing! the speed was noticably different, all the extra stuff i didnt understand, i want to have full control of whe its overclocked so i dont damage my phone

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
i have BB 0.4 and Sapphire 1.0.0 both saved as recovery so i can choose which one i like, i know it sound like a lot of work, BUT i have ADHD and cant seem to notice which one is better, i want to be able to cuztomize the settings icons too, i know with the simple basic froyo its all colored and fancy looking is there a way to do that on either rom

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
nooo i liked the Sapphire 1.0.0 and the overclock was amazing! the speed was noticably different, all the extra stuff i didnt understand, i want to have full control of whe its overclocked so i dont damage my phone

Then you should get SetCPU becuase it allows you to set several profiles (i.e. the phone gets to a preste temperature and the processor speed drops down, etc.) and then disable the GEM overclock settings.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
i have BB 0.4 and Sapphire 1.0.0 both saved as recovery so i can choose which one i like, i know it sound like a lot of work, BUT i have ADHD and cant seem to notice which one is better, i want to be able to cuztomize the settings icons too, i know with the simple basic froyo its all colored and fancy looking is there a way to do that on either rom

OK- that's where the themes come into play! I would highly recommend flashing back to Sapphire and click the link in my sig for the Watermark'D theme - it has so many custom icons!

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
it just wont back up on BB 0.4 im trying to save a backup and it does nothing but sit at the moto screen...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
now im running on the BB i cant seem to get the RM to work, i hit install from SD card and it sits there at the moto symbol... and i take the bat. out and do it again, sooo should i just install it through astro?
What are you trying to install?
If RM isn't working for you, try booting into recovery manually and install that file from the sdcard thru recovery menu...

it just wont back up on BB 0.4 im trying to save a backup and it does nothing but sit at the moto screen...
Try flashing the alternate recovery and then back to clockwork like you did before... ClockWorkMod 2.5.0.1 should be stable, so not sure why you're having so much fits with it... but like I said, you can boot into ClockWorkMod manually yourself without using Rom Manager

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Yeah, RM is having some issues as of late. The trick that sometimes works for me is flashing to an older version. Go all the way down to All ClockworkMod Recoveries and try 2.0.1.3 (do it like 3 times) and then try backing up ..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Also, with all the flashing just keep an eye on you battery - if it's at or below 60% I would not recommend flashing until you charge it. It's never happened to me, but I would imagine a battery dieing in the middle of flashing a ROM would be bad ... very bad LOL

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
If RM isn't working for you, try booting into recovery manually and install that file from the sdcard thru recovery menu...

Try flashing the alternate recovery and then back to clockwork like you did before... ClockWorkMod 2.5.0.1 should be stable, so not sure why you're having so much fits with it... but like I said, you can boot into ClockWorkMod manually yourself without using Rom Manager
Im trying to back up my current ROM BB 0.4 right now and its not working in RM. so how would i go about doing that?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, with all the flashing just keep an eye on you battery - if it's at or below 60% I would not recommend flashing until you charge it. It's never happened to me, but I would imagine a battery dieing in the middle of flashing a ROM would be bad ... very bad LOL
If that were to ever happen, then you could always use RSDLite to flash SPRecovery back onto the phone, so even then it's salvageable...:)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
ClockWorkMod 2.5.0.1 should be stable...

I would have to disagree with you on that; it has been pretty unstable for me as well. One time I went to backup my current ROM and left the phone to go do something else, came back and assumed the backup was complete and then tried to install a theme and, of course, boot loop. Reboot into recovery and find, much to my dismay, no current backup!!! So, now I never assume because that saying is very true :p

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Im trying to back up my current ROM BB 0.4 right now and its not working in RM. so how would i go about doing that?
Try flashing the alternate recovery and then flashing back to ClockWork 2.5.0.1...
Even then you could always boot into recovery manually and back up BB v0.4 from in there...