New DROID Bionic XT875 Lands in Verizon Cellebrite!!!

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I say 8/11. isn't there something about the fcc posting the ok date to show pics and manual, as 8/7? Why would they have to wait until after it's been released?

Why does the FCC control when a company can release their product's information? Or perhaps it's because it's still getting approved by the FCC?

I'm not questioning your post in anyway but just want some clarification on why the FCC would control that type of stuff.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Let's just hope that when all the delay and release date drama is over and the Bionic finally arrives, the delays did translate into significant improvements and the phone is worth the wait. Though I have been eligible to upgrade for over a month, I still plan to wait on the Bionic, but when it comes out, if I am not impressed with it, I'll go with another LTE device.

magdream

Reaction score
I say 8/11. isn't there something about the fcc posting the ok date to show pics and manual, as 8/7? Why would they have to wait until after it's been released?

Why does the FCC control when a company can release their product's information? Or perhaps it's because it's still getting approved by the FCC?

I'm not questioning your post in anyway but just want some clarification on why the FCC would control that type of stuff.

I'm not exactly sure which post it was in, but someone had found an internal document that I believe was from/for the fcc, which showed 8/7 as a date to permit pics and manuals. I could be way off base, but that's what I took from it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's not the FCC who has anything to do with it, it's Motorola allowing them to reveal the info and/or images they were given with the device when it was submitted to be approved by the FCC.

So basically, Moto gives the FCC a gag order that says, you can't release what we've given you until 8/7, because we've yet to release the info ourselves.

texstar420

Reaction score
So mad

Let's just hope that when all the delay and release date drama is over and the Bionic finally arrives, the delays did translate into significant improvements and the phone is worth the wait. Though I have been eligible to upgrade for over a month, I still plan to wait on the Bionic, but when it comes out, if I am not impressed with it, I'll go with another LTE device.

As a long time verizon customer and fan of moto phones, I just can't believe what we are having to go through here. I will totally understand if they have been holding the Bionic back to make it one of the best 4g lte phones as of yet and even surprise us with an unlocked bootloader. But if this phone is a fail I will be really upset and will be getting either the Droid Charge or wait a little longer to see if the Galaxy SII aka Function, comes out and just get that.

I am on edge everyday waiting and hoping for some news of the release date of the Bionic because it has been a sloppy roller coaster of blundered information. I have been up for an upgrade since yesterday and I love my D1 but it is time for it to go and that Droid Charge is looking prettier and prettier everyday.

I just had to get that off of my chest.

magdream

Reaction score

It's not the FCC who has anything to do with it, it's Motorola allowing them to reveal the info and/or images they were given with the device when it was submitted to be approved by the FCC.

So basically, Moto gives the FCC a gag order that says, you can't release what we've given you until 8/7, because we've yet to release the info ourselves.

Thanks for clearing that up. Again, my point is why have a gag order until 3 days after the phone's been released?

I was mostly happy with my D1, and planned on waiting until the fall to see what crop of phones were on the horizon. That is, until my wife dropped it, and now it's as if the phone's had a stroke; the left side is paralyzed and non responsive. I can work my way around it, but not for too much longer.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks for clearing that up. Again, my point is why have a gag order until 3 days after the phone's been released?

I was mostly happy with my D1, and planned on waiting until the fall to see what crop of phones were on the horizon. That is, until my wife dropped it, and now it's as if the phone's had a stroke; the left side is paralyzed and non responsive. I can work my way around it, but not for too much longer.

Honestly I have no answer for you. My guess would be, and this is assuming the Bionic is available on August 4th, Moto assumes by then they've revealed all they want to reveal about the phone and if the FCC reveals the images and/or schematics of the device 3 days later, then it shouldn't affect their advertising(or lack of).

This is just a guess though, I'm attempting to look at it through Moto's eyes, why they would want that info kept secret until a predetermined date ect...

rlandon

Reaction score
As a long time verizon customer and fan of moto phones, I just can't believe what we are having to go through here. I will totally understand if they have been holding the Bionic back to make it one of the best 4g lte phones as of yet and even surprise us with an unlocked bootloader. But if this phone is a fail I will be really upset and will be getting either the Droid Charge or wait a little longer to see if the Galaxy SII aka Function, comes out and just get that.

I am on edge everyday waiting and hoping for some news of the release date of the Bionic because it has been a sloppy roller coaster of blundered information. I have been up for an upgrade since yesterday and I love my D1 but it is time for it to go and that Droid Charge is looking prettier and prettier everyday.

I just had to get that off of my chest.

Ditto! I like the Super AMOLED screen. I've been to Verizon several times over the past two weeks comparing the phones and the Charge is winning. I need a phone before Mid August.

bigdad63

Reaction score
The longer this goes on, the more I think about waiting for the gs2 irregardless of 4g.

Reaction score
The longer this goes on, the more I think about waiting for the gs2 irregardless of 4g.

The GSII is one fantastic device, my buddy has one unlocked and its phenomenal. All the hype doesnt do it justice until you actually get to mess around with it.....

9wire

Reaction score

I'm with you. Except for the LTE, the bionic is like a high HP z28, and the S2 is a Veyron.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny, I forgot my original Droid is only a 3.7'' screen. I was messing with my friends DX2 and I realized how big a 4.3 screen is. I mean my hands barely fit around it in landscape mode for typing.

All this fuss for a phone I might not be able to hold in 2 hands and I'm 6ft 2''.

Watch us hate the way it feels when we hold the damn thing heh.

anuraj1

Reaction score
This phone is gonna be beautiful, I don't care what the "sour grapes" people have to say. Enjoy your SGS2 on the old network.

713King

Reaction score
Watch it be a big fail and have lots of bugs and to top it off a locked bootloader so people have to deal with all the fail moto put in it.