What is Bionic Targa XT875 vs Droid Bionic?

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Ok, call me uninformed. I am in the market for a new case/cover for my Bionic. I've gone to VZW's website and have looked up covers for my phone and don't see f whole lot of selection. Also, I'm not a buyer at the $49.00 cost for the combo set. When I owned a Samsung Fascinate, I had a split hard plastic case which worked wonderfully.

I have been google'ing searching for cases and covers.....and pardon my ignorance, but...I've seen cases that are designed for Targa XT875 and Droid Bionic. What's the difference between these two phones?

I've also seen pictures of cases where the on/off button is displayed on the right hand side at the top. My phone the button is on the top and on the left hand side.

I've also taken a look at my version of OS and do see....xt875.

Anyone have any recommendations?
:happy3:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Taking a stab but i'm guessing the swapped button version my be one released early out of the USA?
I might suggest the case holster combo From VZ as the case has a pop out stand, fits either standard battery or extended and fits into the numerous accessories available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I believe the Targa was the initial Bionic version but was delayed & scrapped for the version we have now.

~it's not just a phone~

lvclubkid

Reaction score
Targa was renamed the Bionic for whatever reason. Otterbox makes a good case expensive though.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Pretty sure the XT875 was the model shown at CES 2011 last January. Everyone loved it. Which I guess is why the decided to scrap it and start almost completely from new but keeping the name, releasing it in September instead.

wseyller

Reaction score
Pretty sure the XT875 was the model shown at CES 2011 last January. Everyone loved it. Which I guess is why the decided to scrap it and start almost completely from new but keeping the name, releasing it in September instead.

No it was XT865 Etna. That was scrapped and the bionic released as XT875 Targa.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Purplfreak

Reaction score
My understanding was Targa was Motorolas code name while in development before it was released at CES as the Motorola XT875 aka Droid Bionic. I think I read that on a site somewhere. As for the docks. I have the motorola desktop charger which does not allow for an extended battery or a case. I got the motorola navigation car dock today and it does. Much better design than the dock I had on my OD. Btw...found the Nav dock on ebay for 29.99 no shipping brand new in the box. Rcvd today when purchased Monday. :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the one they scrapped would have had less issues ?:blink:

Nope. The one they scrapped was scrapped due to a fatal design issue that would have led to eventual hardware failure. I believe it had to do with the power circuitry.

The older design was Tegra 2 based, which overall is a weaker 1GHz dual core chipset than the OMAP in the current design. However, it IS the Tegra 2, which would have meant earlier access to top tier games.